Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Ever watch professional wrestling?

You have two fakes out there acting like they're going to kill one another, and a big crowd of nitwits cheering for their favorite fake. Lots of times the nitwits come to blows with one another.

And at the end of the match, the fakes go into the locker room, fix a drink, and split up the money. The game is rigged, and we're all being played for suckers.

Chas
QFT
Old 09-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Wrestling's fake ?!? Oh, Dear God....Next you'll tell me there ain't no Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, or Easter Bunny.....
Old 09-02-2009, 08:13 PM

Sorry, but that's bull shit. Sure, when you're not running things "they're all crooked". But I was supposed to toe the line when Bush was getting us up to our eye balls in shit that we'll be digging out of for ages.

If I was Un-American then, you're Un-American now. Can't have it both ways. And yes, that's unfair, and yes I should have a drink and calm down.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:58 PM

banks are far from the only players in the field who take advantage of people who don't have a lot of money. a few other notables include title pawns, check advances, pawn shops, rent-to-own stores, rapid tax refunds, etc. etc.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Sorry, but that's bull shit. Sure, when you're not running things "they're all crooked". But I was supposed to toe the line when Bush was getting us up to our eye balls in shit that we'll be digging out of for ages.

If I was Un-American then, you're Un-American now. Can't have it both ways. And yes, that's unfair, and yes I should have a drink and calm down.
I never said you were Un-American. And if you consider my opinion bullshit, I would like to thank you for your candor.

No offense, but you're not being unfair, you're being rude. But that's fine...it shows that you have convictions. Just don't lose your temper, all it will do is make you miserable...I know from experience.

Have a good evening, Ed

Chas

PS: Now Sandy, I reckon what I ment wus most of them wresslers wus fake...ceptin' fer "Handsome Harley Race". That feller wus the reel deel!!! An' you'en can go on belevin' in th' Eastern Bunnie...feller brings me an' egg ever year.

BTW, you know why the Easter Bunny hides his eggs?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
All I can tell you is if you want to do business with a big bank, pick a Canadian one, the big ones here suck. On the other hand a smaller Maryland bank we do business with is great.
I was a CIBC customer for ten years and absolutely loved it. Low fees, great interest paid on a passbook savings account, a Visa card with 15cent transaction fees, access to banking across the country. Not to mention actually being able to pay utility bills at my branch for free!

By comparison, American banks just blow. Big ones treat you like cattle, small ones can't see past town or county lines. And the fees! $6 for a money order and you have to be a customer of the bank! $30-40 for a money order in anything but US funds? Come on!! 0.25% APY interest on a savings account?? What happened to at least matching the rate of inflation?

I miss Canadian banks, I really do.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Administrator

I have closed several accounts and prefer to use only credit unions. Sadly they aint so great anymore.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
I recently needed to wire transfer some money to our son...I checked the fees (sending and receiving both in the USA)...it would have been over 30% of what I was transferring, so I licked a stamp with a check and a deposit slip.

Heck, even international overnight mail is cheaper.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I have closed several accounts and prefer to use only credit unions. Sadly they aint so great anymore.
Been with my CU for near 20 yrs, they have been nothing but exceptional in their service to me. Still have them eventhough they are now 1200 miles away.

Bank locally with small town bank, and have no complaints either.

Guess I'm just lucky, or maybe I just don't have enough money to have difficulty managing it.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:34 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

"Guess I'm just lucky, or maybe I just don't have enough money to have difficulty managing it."

That's the boat I'm in!