Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Yeah, like he's lying the rest of the time, but you'd better believe him when he says "to tell the truth."
Well, that joke didn't work.

John
Old 02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Yeah, like he's lying the rest of the time, but you'd better believe him when he says "to tell the truth."

Regards,

D-Ray
As is the case with the word "frankly." You can bet that any time a politician prefaces something with "frankly," it will be followed by some disingenuous BS. Always.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
As is the case with the word "frankly." You can bet that any time a politician prefaces something with "frankly," it will be followed by some disingenuous BS. Always.
Yes, and it's Newt's favorite word, sometimes preceded by "quite".

John
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
There are effective regulations on the federal government, it is called The Constitution. However, some administrations ignored it and the current Supreme Court is of no help whatsoever.

I'll make a deal with cyclists who don't want to wear helmets or drivers who don't want to wear seatbelts. The EMTs are not responsible for picking up the pieces when you crash, OK?

Having installed seatbelts in a 1962 Ford Falcon I was damn glad I was wearing them whe it rolled over and screw the government, if you ride in my car it does not move umnless the seatbelts are all on. That is not the result of some interlock but is a result of the driver who does not want his insurance rates to go up.
Wearing seatbelts is a good idea, but a lousy law.

BTW, the seatbelt law was pushed through by the big three who didn't want the added expense of air bags. Then the great unwashed decided they wanted air bags, and the rest if history.

I don't need the gubbermint to tell me when to wipe my ass. Kinda like cops, they ain't around when you really need one. Go help someone else, I don't need it.

Chas
Old 02-12-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Wearing seatbelts is a good idea, but a lousy law.

BTW, the seatbelt law was pushed through by the big three who didn't want the added expense of air bags. Then the great unwashed decided they wanted air bags, and the rest if history.

I don't need the gubbermint to tell me when to wipe my ass. Kinda like cops, they ain't around when you really need one. Go help someone else, I don't need it.

Chas
For the record, I completely agree about this.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I'd be willing to bet 8 million dollars (because it can't be proved lol) that if you could pull a bunch of Founders up here timewise they would call the Experiment a failure, prosperity aside.

I wear my seatbelt too

Pete

I'll bet you the same 8 million and raise you a million, that if we pulled a bunch of Founders up some of us would be shocked to discover that they really weren't nearly as saintly and God-like as they are made out to be.

They were, after all----politicians. And human.

Glad to see you wear your belt! I want you around for a long, long time, Pete. I had to learn the hard way--as usual. But I haven't gone beltless since 1988.

Regards,
Dave
Old 02-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'll bet you the same 8 million and raise you a million, that if we pulled a bunch of Founders up some of us would be shocked to discover that they really weren't nearly as saintly and God-like as they are made out to be.

Glad to see you wear your belt! I want you around for a long, long time, Pete. I had to learn the hard way--as usual. But I haven't gone beltless since 1988.

Regards,
Dave
Well Eldrige Gerry did have Gerrymandering named in his honor.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

BTW I did not say I thought compulsory seat belt laws were a good idea, I am all for letting natural selection thin the gene pool. Nor did I think airbags designed to restrain a 165 pound male too stupid to wear a set belt a good thing. They can seriously harm a 5'1" woman sitting closer to the wheel seat belt or no. Again leave it to Darwin.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't need the gubbermint to tell me when to wipe my ass. ...
Chas
I dunno Chas, I heard there was a push for this as an upcoming campaign issue. Just say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Regards,
Dave
Yeah, one of the big disappointments in my life was learning that, even Lincoln. But not George Washington.

You too bud. I learned almost the hard way, 1st on a dead deer and 2nd a near miss on a 75 mph collision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well Eldrige Gerry did have Gerrymandering named in his honor.
Lol!

Pete