Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
No, only about half the country relies on government funding. The other half is relied upon by the government to provide that funding.
100% of the nation relies on government funding to some degree. From funding the military to something as little as NOAA.

The reason some will say 50% pay while the other 50% does not pay into the system are many. Maybe this is due to 50% of the people making below the taxable income set by the government. Now how well do you think a family of four live on Minimum wage or even twelve dollars an hour. They still need to pay the pay roll taxes and SS portions out of their pay checks you know.

Do you really want a retired person making below 20K a year who paid all their life to now pay more into this system? When you have people making more money who can afford to pay for the benefits. You really think that the rich would really be making their money in another country? This country made them rich and they should show some gratitude.

The system was set up to all pay in when able and enjoy when needed.

Barney
Old 06-01-2012, 12:00 AM

B.S, those are alot of links, which i will not get to tonight. But if they smell leftist, i will be suspicious.

bhunter, i dont get what you are saying...

finnbow, do you mean the asssociated press. Im not so sure of them...as they tend to report on the side of obama.(the extra s is for being an ass)

Rex e. no. Only those that can not work for them selves.

But there will always be people that can work and try to rely on the govmint for their welfare...totally. Stay home and every thing will be paid for you kind of mentality...sad way to get a country to communism...marxism first then communism. after that tyranny. nothing this country should stand for

Last edited by budgetaudio6; 06-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

The system was set up to all pay in when able and enjoy when needed.

Barney
Sounds sort of like this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_ea...ng_to_his_need
Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
But there will always be people that can work and try to rely on the govmint for their welfare...totally. Stay home and every thing will be paid for you kind of mentality...sad way to get a country to communism...marxism first then communism. after that tyranny. nothing this country should stand for
" In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such, because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as others have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.." Ben Franklin

So you see Budgie, it is not marxism we need worry about, but corruption
Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Agreed Rob, but marxism is despotism too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Although I would have to say in my eyes it applies to the entire Republican Party. ....
No! I'm in shock Dave

Forget the religion. Am I converting you? Everyone believes their beliefs and votes their conscience religious or not. Assuming they vote

Any party left or right that says we can withdraw into our own borders, and it will actually help us! - is a bit off from reality in my mark.

Pete
Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I think you are a bit off on your calculations. Everyone in this country relies on gov funding in one way or another. And every taxpaying citizen helps to provide that funding.
Yeah , pretty much. I live in a state, Virginia, that is easily more dependant on federal spending than most others. The military industrial complex is huge here. As are other agencies such as the FBI and CIA. And, yet there are people in this state who want the federal government "...completely out of their lives."

Without it, what do they have? Tourism? Agriculture? What little coal remains in the ground out west? This state would go down the tubes in a flash without federal spending. You just don't dare point this out in public 'round here.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post

Just goes to prove that good ideas can come from the most unexpected places. This country whether you want to admit it or not always included social programs. That are paid for by a citizen even if they never see a benefit in return. Common good of the nation not every man for himself like some want now.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 06-01-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

"...such an arrangement will be made possible by the abundance of goods and services that a developed communist society will produce."

ROTFLMAO!!!

Pete
Old 06-01-2012, 09:54 AM

I imagine you all heard of this Bloomberg article on the elite who pay no taxes.

Just reaching the top 1 percent is passe.

The real place to be is a more elite top 0.5 percent — the high-earners who pay no taxes.

The club that made more than $200,000 in 2009 and paid absolutely nothing in U.S. income taxes had 20,752 members — among the nearly 4 million households with incomes above $200,000 — according to an Internal Revenue Service study.

So how do they do it?

In most cases, it’s a mix of tax breaks that combine to turn high gross incomes into negligible taxable income. That means some charitable contributions, some casualty and theft losses, some foreign tax credits and medical expenses.

http://go.bloomberg.com/political-ec...-pay-no-taxes/

Looks like them Cayman Island banks are pretty popular.

Carl
Old 06-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Loyal Opposition

We had some former neighbors who bragged about not paying taxes. They sold Nutrilife or one of those pyramid schemes. One trick was that they made it a point to find a way to mention their product on every trip out of the house, so that they were able to expense every mile they drove. They ended up with far too much money to stay in our neighborhood.

Regards,

D-Ray