Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Admin

Bill Mahr tonight?

Did anyone else catch the show tonight? If you did, what did you think of it?
If you didn't watch it, sit down and STFU or go watch it before posting any home schooled diatribes here.
It started with a guest who's story will warm the cockles of any teabagging pissant's heart. That guest was Rep. Barney Frank who's story was that he is retiring from government. He stated unequivocably that from now on it will be no more Mr. Nice Guy and he will not be joining the AARP of the snout in trough lobbying arm of the good old boys club.

Yeah, I knew that would make the most ardent closet homoerotic/pedophilia/necrophilia fanclub of the sons of the Tea Party just giddy with pre-tumescent joy. No more Barney Frank to get a stiffy over. Heh, maybe they will transfer all of their unrequited sinful lust to Mourdock or Gov. Sodomy Bob of Virginia, you may know Gov. Bob as Trans Vaginal U.S. Bob of Vagina.

There was a few other notables such as Michael Steele (ex-GOP leader and former black man who now works for MSNBC), Gov.Spitzer of N.Y. and that weird fidgity woman from Reuters with the really irritating public speaking persona. He also had the wunderkind of political bookmaking polling Nathan something or other.

So, did you watch? BTW If you were wearing latex, spandex or just sitting there naked slathered in lime jello when you watched? Please keep it to yourself... Whell?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:13 AM

I watched a little. From about the last half of the Barney Frank interview to when Steele was naming Republican moderates. Then I had to switch channels.

Maher with his religion bashing just gets tiresome. He doesn't understand it. Fine. That qualifies him to keep his mouth shut on the topic. About 85% of Americans are religious to some degree so IMO he needs to take those people into consideration if he wants to be taken seriously.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Admin

I hear ya, Ed. You missed some of the better parts by switching the channel but I can say he dropped the religious bashing after that, almost completely. It was very good for Steele with the exception of his assertion that Jack Kemp and Thune were moderate Republicans. Mahr went after Romney in a pretty coherent fashion. Well worth a second look.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Standard Bawny Fwank response. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChShICWCim8
Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I hear ya, Ed. You missed some of the better parts by switching the channel but I can say he dropped the religious bashing after that, almost completely. It was very good for Steele with the exception of his assertion that Jack Kemp and Thune were moderate Republicans. Mahr went after Romney in a pretty coherent fashion. Well worth a second look.
Apart from being wrong, Steele had to look back into recent history for a second name. Thune is still in politics but Kemp has been out of politics for 20 years. Oh, and that "moderate" Ryan is one of Kemp's disciples.

John
Old 10-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Maher with his religion bashing just gets tiresome. He doesn't understand it.
What is there to "understand" about religion?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Too often it is used as opium or to stifle any consideration of it's negative effects. I don't subscribe to the mis-characterization that debating faith is a sin or even an attack on religion. It is not. There is no grand conspiracy to outlaw Santa Claus, that contention is ludicrous and ridiculous. If your Easter Bunny scary ghost stories can't stand the light of day, then so be it.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Speaking for myself, I think a lot of people get wrapped around the axle thinking that God is supposed to be a nebulous figure that floats around in the sky and judges people.

That's the way I perceived it for most of my life and I thought it was kooky.

As I've aged I've arrived at the conclusion that religion is an ancient form of social science. It's basically applied philosophy and in large part provides proven advice and methods.

Of course, like any science, it is subject to abuse.