Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-21-2023, 02:49 PM
Admin

The Flat Earther - Flat Tax Proposal is Baaaak

https://www.rawstory.com/gop-2659291468/

The Tea Party loons tried it and lost. Now The Freedumb Caucus want another bite at that rotten apple. smh
Old 01-21-2023, 02:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

The Tea Party loons tried it and lost. Now The Freedumb Caucus want another bite at that rotten apple. smh
A 30% national sales tax? Just when you thought these clowns couldn't get more stupid, they keep digging. I can't wait until our boy Whell weighs in on the brilliance of this proposal.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:23 PM

The scary thing to consider, there is a significant percentage that will be taken in. When one remembers the many other current events they have been able to convince to suspend reality.
Old 01-21-2023, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

The Tea Party morphed into the Freedumb Caucus so of course they'd propose it again..
Old 01-23-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A 30% national sales tax? Just when you thought these clowns couldn't get more stupid, they keep digging. I can't wait until our boy Whell weighs in on the brilliance of this proposal.
1) I'm not your boy. Just the thought of that makes me want to reach for the Pepto Bismol.

2) I don't have an issue with and would support a flat INCOME tax, if for no other reason than the current tax code has evolved into a hideous beast of a Rube Goldberg invention that sits on top of the house that Jack built. A flat income tax proposal, for example, is on the table now in the Wisconsin state legislature and bears watching to see what happens

3) It's hilarious to watch Dems react to the national sales tax proposal. From WSJ: It would raise taxes on the middle class by taxing thousands of everyday items, from groceries to gas,” President Biden said last week. Democratic Reps. Pramila Jayapal and Don Beyer have chimed in on Twitter to call the tax a death blow to middle-class pocketbooks.

Of course, Biden and company just got done "raising taxes on the middle-class" with the so-called Inflation Reduction Act. At the same time, Mr. "no drilling Biden" has contributed to the current historically high gas prices.

Last edited by whell; 01-23-2023 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2023, 01:24 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
1) I'm not your boy. Just the thought of that makes me want to reach for the Pepto Bismol.
My apologies. My two boys are indeed far more intelligent and accomplished than you. Both are Magna Cum Laude engineering graduates with great jobs and professional recognition and like me, they hold HR folks in extremely low regard.

Quote:
Of course, Biden and company just got done "raising taxes on the middle-class" with the so-called Inflation Reduction Act. At the same time, Mr. "no drilling Biden" has contributed to the current historically high gas prices.
American crude oil production has gone up ~20% since Biden came into office and doubled in the past decade. Also when gasoline hit its recent high point, it was not still at an historical high (in inflation adjusted dollars) and it has gone down nearly 30% since then. You never seem to let facts get in the way of an argument.