Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Worked great against Bush, why not?

Normally American terrorists don't target innocent civilians although Rudolph
did in Atlanta? Madmen are Madmen so there's just no reasoning behind it.
How about walking into a school or movie theatre?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Weather Underground preferred government folks, they thought them to be very deserving.
The Weather Underground never targeted people only government buildings, Banks and, several corporate headquarters. No people were killed in the bombings. Three Weathermen were killed in a bomb blast caused by a bomb detonating early in their Greenwich Village apartment. Dustin Hoffman was their next door neighbor.

They tried to tie the 1970 San Francisco police station bombing, which killed one officer, too the WUO specifically Ayers and his wife. No Charges were filed, no arrests were made and it is still an open case today.

The WUO was capable of killing people. When several Weathermen held up a Brinks armoured car they killed one Brinks guard and two police officers that stopped their getaway vehicle. The guard that was wounded tragically died in the 9/11 attack making a delivery and pick up at the WTC. He was 68. Hows that for bad luck.

The Boston bombing was completely different than anything that happened back in the 60's and 70''s. The bombs detonated in Boston were designed to do maximum damage to the people in the crowd. The video and still pictures are heart wrenching to look at.

t would not surprise me at all if this turns out to be the work of the anti-tax, anti-UN, US government hating militias now called 'patriot groups' that have sprung up since Obama took office. It was Patriots day in Boston the day of the bombing. I could see one of these groups bombing the Boston Marathon to take out as many Liberals as they could since they consider the Marathon to be a hot bed gathering for Liberals and foreigners. They also think the dreaded government has co-opted the meaning of what it is to be a patriot. These are their words not mine. I thought being a patriot was to be a fat redneck dressed in camo carrying an AR-15 in one hand and a Pabst Blue Ribbon in he other bitching about Obummer.

The wounded Saudi national is no longer a suspect.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''

Pete
Dang, Pete. Do you guys always trot out the canard that Obama is a supporter of the Weather Underground? Man, he was a punk kid in Hawaii or Indonesia, at the time. I remember a few of their bombings that I still think were a good idea. The ones where they kept blowing up that statue glorifying the Haymarket anti-union massacre. It took three tries before Mayor Daley and his thugs gave up on rebuilding that one.
You aren't afraid of a Wikipedia link, are ya?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Uh, no Dave, that's not how I see it. I'm starting to understand how you see me though.

Tim McVeigh and his ilk were the same thing as the WU- misguided extremists. They're just from the opposite polarity.
Okay, cool.

You sure don't make it easy.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Dang, Pete. Do you guys always trot out the canard that Obama is a supporter of the Weather Underground? Man, he was a punk kid in Hawaii or Indonesia, at the time. I remember a few of their bombings that I still think were a good idea. The ones where they kept blowing up that statue glorifying the Haymarket anti-union massacre. It took three tries before Mayor Daley and his thugs gave up on rebuilding that one.
Whaddya mean, Wikki looks the same to me.

McVeigh initially intended only to destroy a federal building, but he later decided that his message would be better received if many people were killed in the bombing. McVeigh's criterion for potential attack sites was that the target should house at least two of three federal law-enforcement agencies: the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), or the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). He regarded the presence of additional law-enforcement agencies, such as the Secret Service or the U.S. Marshals Service, as a bonus.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 PM

Ugh Eric Rudolph, there's a name that is synonymous with piece of shit. This bombing reminded me of one of his. Thank god there were no secondaries intended for first responders. I noticed in the videos, the police and others rushed in to help so quickly and that gives me chills to think about those days of being told to be standby until clearance in a situation like that one because of turds like Rudolph.

Prayers for the victims and their families.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Wasn't Obama in Kenya or someplace?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
Ugh Eric Rudolph, there's a name that is synonymous with piece of shit. This bombing reminded me of one of his. Thank god there were no secondaries intended for first responders. I noticed in the videos, the police and others rushed in to help so quickly and that gives me chills to think about those days of being told to be standby until clearance in a situation like that one because of turds like Rudolph.

Prayers for the victims and their families.
Heartfelt condolences to families of the slain and prayers of healing for the injured.

I really hope the police get whoever did this. Sadly, I'm starting to feel this one is a homegrown operation. First by the choice of target and second by the lack of credible claim of responsibility.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Dang, Pete. Do you guys always trot out the canard that Obama is a supporter of the Weather Underground? Man, he was a punk kid in Hawaii or Indonesia, at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Wasn't Obama in Kenya or someplace?
One of my favorite wingnut moments was some idiot on another message board screaming that Obama, "...spit on the troops coming home from Vietnam!" and claimed he had photographic proof and "....eyewitnesses who testified to the fact."

Lets see. The president is one year older than me, so, he would have been TWELVE in 1975...................

Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Area Man

Quote:

I really hope the police get whoever did this. Sadly, I'm starting to feel this one is a homegrown operation. First by the choice of target and second by the lack of credible claim of responsibility.
Yeah, me too. Why, is the big question. It's just so senseless.

Dave