Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

That's good, because you're sure going to hear a lot of it come next Pres election!

Pete
Old 04-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
That's good, because you're sure going to hear a lot of it come next Pres election!

Pete
No doubt.

You side is going to throw everything you can at Hillary, including the Kitchen Sink. But that's not going to work either.

Benghazi!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
No doubt.

You side is going to throw everything you can at Hillary, including the Kitchen Sink. But that's not going to work either.

Benghazi!
Oh yes, the dead Benghazi squirrel. As long as that is coming she can retaliate with a bill for the $24 billion for Turd Cruz' shutdown publicity stunt for the Teabaggers..
Old 04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Speaking of squirrels....

Pete
Old 04-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:

Pete
Point exactly. Benghazi is a present-non-issue as would be attaching the Turd Cruz stunt to her campaign. Tit-for-tat petty retaliation that doesn't belong in an issues debate between candidates.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Actually I was thinking about how quickly the topic shifted from Hillary and Iraq

Pete
Old 04-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:

Pete
You're the one desperately trying to deflect attention away from the fact that it was your boy Bush and his administration that got us into this clusterfuck based on nothing but lies.

I guess when you find yourself in such an embarrassing situation as that, trying to defend the indefensible, the only option left to you is to try to deflect.

Of course you could always man up and take personal responsibility for being wrong, but that's not the way of the winger.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'm uncertain of whether Iraq was the right thing to do. For better or worse it changed the ME forever.

It was ultimately Bush's decision indeed. At least he asked Congress before bombing, something your guy didn't.

But regarding Hillary, she stands by her vote. In light of this thread, you guys going to vote for her?

Pete
Old 04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I'm uncertain of whether Iraq was the right thing to do. For better or worse it changed the ME forever.

It was ultimately Bush's decision indeed. At least he asked Congress before bombing, something your guy didn't.

But regarding Hillary, she stands by her vote. In light of this thread, you guys going to vote for her?

Pete
Unless the GOP succeeds in pulling a rabbit out of a hat, yes.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Obviously, I've thought about that a lot in the months since," she said. "No, I don't regret giving the president authority because at the time it was in the context of weapons of mass destruction, grave threats to the United States, and clearly, Saddam Hussein had been a real problem for the international community for more than a decade.
You see now, Pete? She's saying that, given what she believed at the time (thanks to Bush/Cheney lies), she believes she made the only decision she could. In addition, there were conditions placed on the Authorization To Use Force for which she voted but Bush invaded without meeteing those conditions. Admittedly, she was parsing her words carefully so as not to seem unpatriotic or "weak" but her meaning is clear.

We had never faced a situation like this before where Administration appointees to multiple entities, the Pentagon, DIA and NSA, were all fabricating intelligence to deceive both the public and the legislative branch. This unprecedented criminal behavior caught the Senate off-guard. They, like General Powell, were deceived and co-opted by the Bush Administration.

John