Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-04-2022, 05:55 AM

One of the five may well be hoping the source of the leak never comes out.....

Playing the Right's ole, projecting the blame away from you towards other's innocent of any wrong doing.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
They cry "We're against abortion because we're Pro-Life. I disagree...

That is a silly meme. One bans the activity and the other bans the tool, because the activity is already "banned". Did you know the first mass killing at a school was a bomb?
Old 05-04-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Looks like it will happen. The leaked draft puts a fine point on the takeover feared yet hoping would not happen.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/02/polit...urt/index.html

This argument by the "Christian" or "Religious" has always bothered me. About life and the beginning there of. I beg to ask, do they in reality actually believe in a after life at all. Secretly have doubts and seek to reinforce or bolster this failing by their opposition.

For if they believed in a afterlife a heaven and a all powerful. Then just what do they think would happen. The child goes to heaven skipping the suffering on earth, goes into another body....

Now it is easier to understand their arguments if this is it, one and done. No afterlife to go to.

As to my personal thoughts. Like to think if faced with the decision would choose life over an abortion. As a male never had the fears of getting pregnant or a partner with a unwanted one.

Sad how the same ones who are pushing so hard on the abortion issues also fight just as hard for gun rights....

In all these years of mine one of the life lessons have learned. Religion and hypocrisy are the two sides of the same coin.
It's about protecting the innocent. And the Old Testament is about protecting order from chaos. Do you think it should be ok to murder people who have crossed you because you will be sending them to a better place?

I partly agree with you regarding the "hell on earth" concept. It's the only place I believe real "hell" exists, BTW. Abortion does seem to be a litmus test for many. Regarding the SCOTUS, I think they are deciding whether there is an absolute right to abortion protected in the constitution. It's hard to say "keep your hands off my body" is a right, when you're forcing people to get vaccines. So that argument may be going out the window.

But ultimately, it is a state's rights issue. That is, the SCOTUS are not deciding whether or not abortion should be legal. They are deciding whether the decision to make it illegal should be put in the hands of each individual country within the federation we call the United States.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
In that you would be mistaken. The Roe v. Wade decision was leaked back in '73. I get why conservos are losing their shyte over this. It means they will be finding their access to wimminfolk to be severely curtailed for the foreseeable future.

In addition, this decision by the Robert's court proves what liberals have been saying all along, conservatives can't keep their dirty minds out of other Americans bedrooms.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...zine-roe-wade/
That was "hours before the decision was announced". i.e. it was AFTER the decision had been made and was a standard leaking of fresh news just before it was made public.

This is far different. The decision has not been reached yet. This is not the actual decision. This is a completely different type of leak.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The only thing that's unprecedented is the SC executing the wishes of Reich-Wing conservatives. The Conservatives are throwing a fit over "the leak" because it's drawing attention to the political dealings of the SC at the behest of the GOP. Focusing on the leak so they won't have to defend and justify the decision. They didn't want that little nugget to get out before the mid-term elections. Any other time and place the leaker would be called a whistle blower. There are some who are saying the leak was timed to influence the mid-term elections. If so, GOOD!! I hope it drives every Democrat, Independent and un-brainwashed Republican to the polls to vote Blue across the board.
That's certainly one way of looking at it. I see it more like this: It's a sausage lover getting a peak at the inner workings of a sausage factory. So the whistle blower exposes that they slaughter pigs to make your sausage. So? How the heck did you think these nine folks come up with decisions?
Old 05-04-2022, 08:41 AM
Jigsawed

Inflation and not abortion will be the significant factor.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:53 AM

Whell, in response to post #12, I can assure you that a majority of religious based social services receive a good amount of government dollars to sustain their charitable programs. I know this because before I retired, I spent over twenty years involved in the granting, administration, and monitoring of government dollars to those charitable organizations.

As for your point that they are meeting the needs of people, that is true and made possible with government funding.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Inflation and not abortion will be the significant factor.
Yep. The trot out the usual "single issue" and drive it hard. But most people are more interested in the price of food, gas, rent, etc. than abortion.

On a related note, I remember in January of 2020 I said one day to my wife, "what ever happened to BLM? You don't hear about them any more."

And then the election cycle started, and suddenly they were everywhere.

As one guy said, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm a "Things aren't adding up and it's pretty obvious" theorist. The manipulation of the public mind going on is downright tangible.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Whell, in response to post #12, I can assure you that a majority of religious based social services receive a good amount of government dollars to sustain their charitable programs. I know this because before I retired, I spent over twenty years involved in the granting, administration, and monitoring of government dollars to those charitable organizations.

As for your point that they are meeting the needs of people, that is true and made possible with government funding.
Which brings up what I see as a major problem and misconception about using the government to help the poor:
Old 05-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
That was "hours before the decision was announced". i.e. it was AFTER the decision had been made and was a standard leaking of fresh news just before it was made public.

This is far different. The decision has not been reached yet. This is not the actual decision. This is a completely different type of leak.
Obviously, you didn't read the link I posted up. Typical...