Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:25 PM

Time travel.

Unless you believe in absolute predestiny; going forward wouldn't be possible as the future's not fixed; not happened yet but what about to the past? Changing the past changes the future, maybe you're family line dies out so you don't get to invent the time machine but does it? Two things cannot exist in the same place at the same time, but what if the traveler wasn't in the same time, but a nanosecond behind it? Never in exactly the same time and place as anything else; look but can't touch.

Alternatively, maybe people do go back and affect things. The past produces us, change the past and everything that happens from the change point onwards also changes. We're all products of history; change history and we change with it; no memories of what didn't happen. We think the past is fixed, except maybe, one or two mystics or the deranged get just a glimpse of the chaos; the boiling stew of possible futures.

I'm off to the pub or am I? Guess I'd better get there before I find out I'm not.

combwork (I think)
Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'm time-traveling at 60 seconds per minute towards my next beer

Theoretically, if you knew every variable for every last thing in the universe your predictions would be 100% accurate - you could 'see' the future.

Pete
Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Resident octogenarian

It is a wee bit early for my first scotch and water so I can amble toward it at my liesure, and the kitties have to be fed first.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Abby Normal

Time travel is not possible as shown in Hollywood movies.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:15 PM

I wanna go back to 1954 'n' buy up a bunch of those CT-100s that they can't sell...Or a Duesenberg or 2...Or V-16 Cads...Or V-12 Lincolns...Or even a bunch of Furrin' trash nobody wants-Mercedes, Rollses, Hispano-Suizas, Bugattis...Yeah, THAT'S the ticket...a Bug Royale from 1927...7 or 8 made, one of the largest, most opulent cars EVER made...Knowin' MY luck, the time machine would erase my memory, or you wouldn't be able to bring money back w/you or something, & there you go...Stuck again. But you could make out like a Chinese bandit buyin' up stuff like early thirties Ford V-8s & stuff...They were just rattletrap old cars then...$500 would have been a LOT for them...Or would you try to change things, go back to 1889 & strangle Hitler in his crib...Or Stalin, Mao one of them guys ? Or go to '63 & see who REALLY shot JFK ? 'Twould be innerestin'...(grin)
Old 12-01-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I wanna go back to 1954 'n' buy up a bunch of those CT-100s that they can't sell...Or a Duesenberg or 2...Or V-16 Cads...Or V-12 Lincolns...Or even a bunch of Furrin' trash nobody wants-Mercedes, Rollses, Hispano-Suizas, Bugattis...Yeah, THAT'S the ticket...a Bug Royale from 1927...7 or 8 made, one of the largest, most opulent cars EVER made...Knowin' MY luck, the time machine would erase my memory, or you wouldn't be able to bring money back w/you or something, & there you go...Stuck again. But you could make out like a Chinese bandit buyin' up stuff like early thirties Ford V-8s & stuff...They were just rattletrap old cars then...$500 would have been a LOT for them...Or would you try to change things, go back to 1889 & strangle Hitler in his crib...Or Stalin, Mao one of them guys ? Or go to '63 & see who REALLY shot JFK ? 'Twould be innerestin'...(grin)
No more fun than I've had out of my life, I'd like to go back to 1953 and strangle MYSELF in the crib, and save myself a lot of pain and effort.

Chas
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
It is a wee bit early for my first scotch and water so I can amble toward it at my liesure, and the kitties have to be fed first.
You must really love your cats. You're a good man.

Chas
Old 12-01-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No more fun than I've had out of my life, I'd like to go back to 1953 and strangle MYSELF in the crib, and save myself a lot of pain and effort.

Chas
Chas, buddy, no kidding, I'm worried about you. You doing okay?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
chas man, we love ya', we relly do
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Chas, buddy, no kidding, I'm worried about you. You doing okay?
Not to worry, I've always had a dark style of humor...although I have had kind of a tough row to hoe this year. Once I get this damn trip to Isla Mujeres out of my hair I'll feel better. My wife thinks this is gonna be fun. And I suppose that once I get there and slam dunk a few Das Ekkies I'll kind of enjoy it also. After 25 yrs of putting up with me, I have no choice but to humor her.

The logistics are killin' me though. She doesn't have employees. And I despise airplanes. Not hate...despise.

Now if start talking about how I've given away my Rega's, my Dared's, and my Hornshoppes, then you may want to show some concern. That means I won't be needing them where I'm going (learned that from a con). My mentor, actually. Did time for armed robbery and went on to be a successful builder. Probably the most honest person I've ever known.

I got it rough huh? Bitching about going to the Caribbean on vacation. Only shows just how tired I am.

But thanks for the thought.

Chas