Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Loyal Opposition

I'd still like to see Jon Huntsman as SOS, but the President hasn't got back to me on the suggestion.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Jigsawed

Oliver North was on this morning selling a new book. The guy had a very convoluted take on this issue.......Obama was using the consulate to ship Libyan arms to his islamist friends in Syria. The object of this is to surround Israel with jihadist entitiies.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I'd still like to see Jon Huntsman as SOS, but the President hasn't got back to me on the suggestion.

Regards,

D-Ray
Looks like even Huntsman would have a tough time. McCain is saying that no nominee for SoS, not just the "not very bright" Rhodes Scholar Rice deserves to be confirmed until Obama "comes clean" about Benghazi.

John
Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Oliver North was on this morning selling a new book. The guy had a very convoluted take on this issue.......Obama was using the consulate to ship Libyan arms to his islamist friends in Syria. The object of this is to surround Israel with jihadist entitiies.
There's been a fair amount of reporting that Ambassador Stevens was indeed involved in getting arms out of Libya and in the hands of the Syrian resistance. Stranger things have happened. It has nothing to do, however, with a deliberate attempt at surrounding Israel with jihadists. That's just the fevered thoughts of a guy who traded arms for hostages.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-se...roblem-2012-11

I think this may in fact be the reason for the spotty information on what happened in Benghazi, such as not to expose this CIA operation.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There's been a fair amount of reporting that Ambassador Stevens was indeed involved in getting arms out of Libya and in the hands of the Syrian resistance. Stranger things have happened. It has nothing to do, however, with a deliberate attempt at surrounding Israel with jihadists. That's just the fevered thoughts of a guy who traded arms for hostages.

I think this may in fact be the reason for the spotty information on what happened in Benghazi, such as not to expose this CIA operation.
The US would be repeating the mistakes of previous admins in giving anti aircraft weapons to possible jihadists. That would be utter madness.

We went to bed with the mujas in Afghanistan and they turned around and bit us.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

Plausable at least.

But then it comes back to, where the heck was the security?

Pete
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

D, he must have a new secretary

Pete
Old 11-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Plausable at least.

But then it comes back to, where the heck was the security?

Pete
David Ignatius got the skinny on this a while back (and I posted it too ). The upshot is that the consulate in Benghazi was nothing other than a front for CIA operations there. There were about 30 CIA and about 7 State folks. Since it was only a front and not a true State facility, State figured that the 30 CIA folks would provide security for themselves and whoever from State was around providing their cover.

I can tell you from personal experience (and my son's current experience in Israel where he is employed by DoD, but doing work for State), that communications between any two separate government agencies always sucks, even if it seems to make sense that it should be good.

This is not to excuse what occurred there, but to explain how such bureaucratic clusterf*cks occur, particularly when more than one agency is involved. That was the upshot of the security failures leading to 9-11 as well (and the impetus for forming DHS).
Old 11-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Looks like even Huntsman would have a tough time. McCain is saying that no nominee for SoS, not just the "not very bright" Rhodes Scholar Rice deserves to be confirmed until Obama "comes clean" about Benghazi.

John
Advise and consent has to have been one of the dumbest ideas the Framers ever had. Imagine staring a business, selecting your management team, then asking every other company (including competitors) to approve your selection.

The amazing part is not that the government operates poorly, it is that it operates at all.

And according to Senate rules one individual senator can put an anonymous hold on any candidate. We the people my arse.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Now maybe McCain, his butt buddy Graham and the rest of you ass clowns will shut up.

"Early drafts of the talking points included several analytic judgments that were debated and adjusted during the internal intelligence community coordination process," said the senior intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the issue involved classified material. "The adjustments were focused on producing talking points that provided the best information available at the time, protected sensitive details and reflected the evolving nature of rapidly incoming intelligence."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,2805477.story

"But Seven U.S. Embassies And Consulates Were Attacked Under George W. Bush"

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...-bash-o/189890

John

Last edited by Boreas; 11-21-2012 at 11:02 AM.