Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The Clinton campaign, in both 2008 and in this one, has projected an image of entitlement. It hurt them immeasurably in 2008 and appears to be beginning to hurt them now. I think they need to re-calibrate significantly and immediately.
Well I say to Benenson "good job," because his silly comments have inspired me to send even more money to Bernie.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Admin

New Gallup poll shows Hillary supporters are more enthusiastic than Sanders supporters?
Old 03-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
New Gallup poll shows Hillary supporters are more enthusiastic than Sanders supporters?
ROTFLMAO

Yep, polls will tell you anything you want to know.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Saw that. Again, I think this is a reflection of expectations more than preference. Hillary's supporters have a high degree of confidence in their candidate winning the nomination so are less open to considering a possible Plan B. On the other hand, Bernie supporters view the nomination as something of a long shot so are reflecting a willingness to vote for someone else in the general election.

Hopefully, that won't be Drumpf.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Might as well take a poll on whether Hillary/Sanders/Trump supporters prefer hamburgers to hot dogs and Pepsi to Coke.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Bernie Sanders draws 15,000 at his first New York rally, Hillary draws 500 at hers, but her supporters are more enthusiastic.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortney...sands-n2141820
Old 03-28-2016, 09:15 PM

Quite right, they/she needs to earn the nomination.
I'd still vote for her if it comes to that, I'd rather see the two Republican frontrunners stone cold dead than in the WH for the sake of this Country.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-28-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:05 PM

Thank you DNC for Hillary, for I have seen the light. I look forward to the day I can honor Hillary by casting my vote for her. Teras of joy will be running down my face.

This is a preview of my new Sig.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Thank you DNC for Hillary, for I have seen the light. I look forward to the day I can honor Hillary by casting my vote for her. Teras of joy will be running down my face.

This is a preview of my new Sig.
I think the biggest reason that Hillary jumped out to an early lead is that the media didn't take him seriously at first and largely ignored him except to say that he was just a fringe candidate with no chance of winning. For the most part, they neglected to cover his campaign speeches and the huge enthusiastic crowds he was gathering. But when Bernie started winning some primaries and doing far better than predictions in others, people started actively trying to find out more about him on their own. They liked what they saw too.

Now the momentum has clearly shifted, just like it did in 2008. It appears that, absent a viable alternative, Democrats will vote for Hillary but as soon as a legitimate contender emerges, a lot of Democrats abandon her. They did for Obama and it appears they may be doing the same for Bernie.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a lot of the people who voted for Hillary in the early primaries would switch their votes to Bernie if they could. Now that they actually know something about Bernie, they like him better. This could easily be the reason for Bernie's much better favorability ratings and why Bernie does better than Hillary in head-to-heads against any of the Republican candidates.

I think Hillary's delegate lead, at least in terms of percentages, will continue to shrink. The only question is whether there's enough time left for Bernie to overtake her.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:02 PM

I hope the media loosens up first. Last week during the Washington primary, the MSM was still ignoring Bernie's campaign or debunking his candidacy. Media as whores that they are is bound to wake up soon or fear being left behind by the social media very much like the first Obama campaign.

In the end all I want is not to have Bernie campaign stifled by the DNC and the mdiea give him a fair shake. Until this happens the opposition to Hillary and her unavailability ratings will continue to raise.