Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2023, 05:00 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Far right, nazi ethos underpins Ukrainian nationalism. That is the main reason Israel is so cool, non commital towards the Ukrainians.

The internet is being scrubbed of outrageous nazi images connected to them..
You speak as if one ethos underpins one nationalism. You are pretty close to saying Ukranian = Nazi.

You got something like data indicating the prevalence/influence of Nazi ideology in the Ukraine? I would imagine that like most places, there are a spectrum of opinion groups.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:05 PM
Jigsawed

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukrain...collaborators/

Ukraine is not equal Nazi. However, there is great support and adoration, especially in Western Ukraine, for historical Nazi figures.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Ukraine is not equal Nazi. However, there is great support and adoration, especially in Western Ukraine, for historical Nazi figures.
So? Does that lessen Putin's evil?
Old 07-01-2023, 11:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah, we also have people here in the US who admire the Nazis. I’ve yet to see any credible evidence that this is a widespread problem in Ukraine.
Old 07-02-2023, 05:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Ukrainian right is associated with massacre of Jews.
So the world owes Putin a debt of gratitude according to this guy.

All of Euopean christianity is associated with the massacre of Jews. WTF is wrong with you?
Old 07-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Far right, nazi ethos underpins Ukrainian nationalism. That is the main reason Israel is so cool, non commital towards the Ukrainians.

The internet is being scrubbed of outrageous nazi images connected to them..
Alon Pinkas, a former Israeli diplomat in the United States, described it in Haaretz this week: Biden understood from the start that Putin “is the epicenter of an anti-American, antidemocratic, fascist constellation that needs to be defeated, not negotiated with.” Prigozhin’s mutiny “essentially did what Biden has been doing for the past 18 months: exposing Putin’s weaknesses, puncturing his already impaled veneer of supposed strategic genius and aura of invincibility.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/27/o...a-ukraine.html

It appears to me that the Israelis understand who Putin is far better than you do.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Jigsawed

The West is obsessed with Putin and miss the bigger picture...the creation of a multi polar world.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:48 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
The West is obsessed with Putin and miss the bigger picture...the creation of a multi polar world.
You act as though it's irrational for the West to focus on the guy who started the biggest land war in Europe in 75 years and is committing war crimes on a daily basis.

As for a multi-polar world, it is indeed becoming one of democracy vs autocracy as opposed to capitalism vs communism as it once was. I'm not sure your boy Putin will survive to see his nation again lead one pole in a multipolar alliance as the USSR once did. He has become subservient to China on Team Autocrat and the Russian economy is less than that of Italy or Brazil and only 10% the size of China's and its death rate exceeds in birth rate (its population has gone down over 500K in the past year alone).

In an earlier life (1978-1981), I managed the construction of facilities for the US Army's 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment in the Fulda Gap and the USSR was considered the almighty, threatening bear. I then went to the USSR (Leningrad, Moscow) for a week as a tourist in Spring 1981 just to assuage my curiosity about the big, bad enemy. The country was measurably worse off than any Third World country I've been to (and I've been to a few) and the people far unhappier. And this was at a time when there was perceived power parity between the US and the USSR. The only thing that shithole country has going for it is nukes, vodka and caviar and everyone else has vodka too.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-04-2023 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:31 PM
Jigsawed

At the start of the Biden administration there was a policy
paper alluding to the inferior status of Russia. That Russia did not deserve so much attention. That maximum effort should be directed towards China. There was a big debate. The Russia hawks prevailed. I guess because of the Putin obsession and some of the hawks have ethnic connection with Eastern Europe.

Now Britain is looking like a failed state, Germany is declining, France is spinning around, Spain, Portugal and Greece!!!
And Russia is now a province of China.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:46 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Beginning of the end of Putin?

Quote:
At the start of the Biden administration there was a policy

paper alluding to the inferior status of Russia. That Russia did not deserve so much attention. That maximum effort should be directed towards China. There was a big debate. The Russia hawks prevailed....

Yeh, Russia was just behaving itself and minding its own business. Nothing says international superpower like losing half your army in one year, being excluded from multiple international organizations, regularly being sanctioned, an active war crimes warrant for your ruler, and many of your citizens fleeing abroad.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-04-2023 at 09:00 PM.