Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-08-2022, 03:16 PM

The Eco-Dorks are coming to a city near you...

They're coming for your SUV.

A U.K.-based activist group called "The Tyre Extinguishers" has landed in the U.S. and claims they've deflated tires on dozens of SUVs in several major cities, including New York, Chicago, and the Bay Area. The group, which says the thirsty SUVs significantly contribute to climate change, has no official leadership but encourages independent participation through social media and offers a hallmark note to be left on the victims' cars.

Deflating people's tires is unlikely to win the group many fans or inspire SUV owners to make greener choices. Instead, the overall goal is to step up operations to the point where it is "impossible to own a huge polluting 4x4 in the world’s urban areas." Many more tires will have to be let down to achieve that target. In the meantime, a handful of SUV owners will wake up frustrated now and then to find another leaflet and another flat tire.

Annoy those climate deniers into submission by vandalizing their SUV's. That's the ticket!

Chelsea and Ann Arbor are two of the most liberal towns around here. On any given day you'll find no shortage of SUV's and pickup trucks in either city. I think I'll send a message to that group that they'll find some easy targets in Ann Arbor.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:23 PM

One of the reasons I left Seattle 11 years ago is to avoid nonsense like this. It's very peaceful here in the Kentucky sticks. Cities were bad enough before the pandemic. They are a place to be avoided now.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:59 PM
Admin

The Visigoths are coming! The Visigoths are coming for your wimmenfolk and your tyres!
Old 07-08-2022, 07:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
One of the reasons I left Seattle 11 years ago is to avoid nonsense like this. It's very peaceful here in the Kentucky sticks. Cities were bad enough before the pandemic. They are a place to be avoided now.
Don't take this the wrong way but I'd hate to live as you do. Scared to leave the house unless strapped and scared spitless to be seen downtown. You seem to view city life as some sort of Mad Max hellscape.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but I'd hate to live as you do. Scared to leave the house unless strapped and scared spitless to be seen downtown. You seem to view city life as some sort of Mad Max hellscape.
Around here folk like that have visions of the city like scenes from Escape From New York.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:41 PM
Jigsawed

Eco- Dorks can also be governments. Check Holland.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:31 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Around here folk like that have visions of the city like scenes from Escape From New York.
Snake Pliskin is comin' for their SUVs! Circle the wagons!
Old 07-09-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
The Visigoths are coming! The Visigoths are coming for your wimmenfolk and your tyres!
Its the invisigoths to dread, masters of antimatter and negative energy.
You won't see them coming, be very afraid!
Old 07-09-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
First time I heard car subwoofer, very ominous.
Old 07-09-2022, 04:03 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Yeah left the ant nest of New York several years ago for the open space of Central Florida. However after the pandemic it appears everyone is heading for Central Florida. It appears that Tampa and Orlando will soon be one big city.