Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-03-2022, 06:44 PM

Shot fired at the home of the parents of a Republican Congressional Candidate

OK, gents. I'm hoping that this will be an example of how topics like this should be treated.

The Hickory Police Department says someone fired a shot into a home owned by the parents of Pat Harrigan, the Republican nominee for North Carolina’s 14th Congressional District. Harrigan’s children were in the home at the time of the shooting, according to his campaign. The shooting was reported to police Oct. 19. No arrests have been made. No one was injured. The investigation is ongoing, said Kristen Hart, a spokeswoman for the Hickory Police Department.

Here's what we know:

- a bullet was fired and a window now has a hole in it.
- the widow is part of a house.
- the house belongs to the parents of a NC Repub congressional candidate.
- no one was injured
- the bullet struck the window allegedly at the same time that the candidate's kids were at the home.
- A separate report states that the FBI is doing ballistic tests on the bullet.
- the police are still investigating.

Here's what I did not say:

- This is a tit-for-tat attack on the family of a Republican in response to the Pelosi attack. To say this would be unfounded speculation.
- I didn't include blanket condemnations of Democrats in the post.
- I didn't allege that the perp was in any way associated with the left or with Democrats.

I also didn't allege that the Republican candidate may have fired the bullet himself in an effort to claim a "false flag" attack.

I have no idea if the Repub candidate is considered a MAGA Republican.

I have no idea if the shooter has political leanings or was attempting to make a political statement, or even knows what "politics" are.

I have no idea if this is an "attack" or just some asshole shooting a gun that they have no idea how to aim or use safely.

I am willing to wait for the police / FBI investigation to unfold before drawing any conclusions.

Yes, the candidate is making statements that attempt to turn this occurrence into a political advantage by suggesting it's an act of political violence. I find that statement very ill-advised in absence of supporting facts.

Last edited by whell; 11-03-2022 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
OK, gents. I'm hoping that this will be an example of how topics like this should be treated.

The Hickory Police Department says someone fired a shot into a home owned by the parents of Pat Harrigan, the Republican nominee for North Carolina’s 14th Congressional District. Harrigan’s children were in the home at the time of the shooting, according to his campaign. The shooting was reported to police Oct. 19. No arrests have been made. No one was injured. The investigation is ongoing, said Kristen Hart, a spokeswoman for the Hickory Police Department.

Here's what we know:

- no one was injured
- the bullet struck the window allegedly at the same time that the candidate's kids were at the home.

- This is a tit-for-tat attack on the family of a Republican in response to the Pelosi attack. To say this would be unfounded speculation.
- I didn't allege that the perp was in any way associated with the left or with Democrats.

I also didn't allege that the Republican candidate may have fired the bullet himself in an effort to claim a "false flag" attack.

I have no idea if the shooter has political leanings or was attempting to make a political statement, or even knows what "politics" are.

I have no idea if this is an "attack" or just some asshole shooting a gun that they have no idea how to aim or use safely.

I am willing to wait for the police / FBI investigation to unfold before drawing any conclusions.

Yes, the candidate is making statements that attempt to turn this occurrence into a political advantage by suggesting it's an act of political violence. I find that statement very ill-advised in absence of supporting facts.
Shots? As in plural? Your very first word is a lie. smh...

Edit - In case anyone is wondering, this posters title declared "Shots fired..." in its original form.

Last edited by bobabode; 11-03-2022 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:58 PM

Here an alleged Libertarian is charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct while charging Repub Senate candidate in NH. https://www.wcvb.com/article/don-bol...date/41854338#

Don't know his motivation. Don't know what was said. One could conjecture that this was a politically motivated crime, but the candidate and the perp could also have been involved in a discussion where they were questioning each other's parentage. Not enough facts to draw any conclusions.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Shots? As in plural? Your very first word is a lie. smh...
You could have just pointed out the typo. Instead, you elected to be an ass and call it a lie. A "lie" is defined as stating a falsehood with intent to deceive. I posted the whole story, and you read it. Where is the "lie"?

FYI - typo corrected.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:09 PM
Admin

"but the candidate and the perp could also have been involved in a discussion where they were questioning each other's parentage."

See what you did there? Tucker Carlson would be very proud of you.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
You could have just pointed out the typo. Instead, you elected to be an ass and call it a lie. A "lie" is defined as stating a falsehood with intent to deceive. I posted the whole story, and you read it. Where is the "lie"?

FYI - typo corrected.
Considering your past history of lying here, I don't believe for one second it was a "typo".

Thanks for noticing my fine 'ass' though.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:25 PM
Admin

ps If you are going to lecture this forum with your 'how to post' suggestion, make sure you have your ducks lined up, my friend.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:28 PM

Mr. Whell, if these are 'breaking stories' and not much information has been released, why did you start this thread? You either got the itch for verbal fisticuffs or living in Michigan is mostly boring.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
ps If you are going to lecture this forum with your 'how to post' suggestion, make sure you have your ducks lined up, my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Mr. Whell, if these are 'breaking stories' and not much information has been released, why did you start this thread? You either got the itch for verbal fisticuffs or living in Michigan is mostly boring.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:02 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Here's what we know:

- no one was injured

A bullet of unknown origin going through a house of the parents of a longshot congressional hopeful (with a 2% chance of winning per 538) during deer season isn't a national story nor is it remotely the same as a ranting MAGAMoron planning the kidnapping and physical assault of the House Speaker and trying to kill her husband with a hammer and then confessing to it in a Mirandized interview with the police.

Lazy, ridiculous whataboutism. And you were trying to impart some sort of lesson? LOL.

Last edited by finnbow; 11-03-2022 at 08:14 PM.