Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Who cares? I haven't drunk an American macro-lager, much less a light beer, in ~45 years when I moved to Germany and discovered the difference between real beer and the swill that is American macro-lager. I moved back just as the craft beer trend took off and I haven't looked back.
Good for you. I haven't had a Bud Light in years, though I sometimes might be caught drinking a Bud Light Lime.

There are some wonderful domestic beers that exist in the space between craft and macro brews. Pacifico is an excellent example, and its probably moved into the macro beer category in recent years.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:57 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Good for you. I haven't had a Bud Light in years, though I sometimes might be caught drinking a Bud Light Lime.

There are some wonderful domestic beers that exist in the space between craft and macro brews. Pacifico is an excellent example, and its probably moved into the macro beer category in recent years.
Negro Modelo and Shiner Bock are nice enough. Have those along with Guinness Extra Stout in the fridge.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
The market responded to the marketing ploy and the company canned those responsible for its adverse impact on sales. Bud's response was appropriate.
Question is who is the market which whell is avoiding to mention.

Quote:
Anheuser-Busch facilities face threats after Bud Light backlash

“Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics,” according to a spokesperson. “From time to time we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Dylan Mulvaney. This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public.”

A few days after the post was published, musician Kid Rock posted an Instagram video of himself shooting cases of Bud Light. “F**k Bud Light, F**k Anheuser-Busch,” he said. The video has garnered nearly 1.8 million views. Some conservatives called for a boycott.
Anheuser-Busch became an easy target for the anti LGBT wingnuts, though one must wonder why Busch even embarked on this. Most of their customer base is MAGA.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/busin...ats/index.html
Old 04-25-2023, 09:28 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

Pacifico is brewed by Grupo Modelo, itself owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it's owned by the New York-based Constellation Brands. It is brewed in Mazatlán, Mexico. So, it is largely owned by Anheuser Busch and is not an American beer (like dozens of other ABInBev beers such as Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Hoegaarden, Stella, Bass Ale, Presidente, Montejo, Leffe, Kirin, Beck's, Boddingtons ...).

That's why this wingnut meltdown over Bud Light is so stupid. Many of these outspoken wingnuts now have switched to Coors Lite which itself has been an outspoken advocate of LGBTQ rights or unwittingly to one of many other brands owned by ABInBev.

This is yet another example of pointlessly stupid performative nonsense by the AltReich, a group that says it's opposed to "cancel culture."

Last edited by finnbow; 04-25-2023 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:39 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Pacifico is brewed by Grupo Modelo, itself owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it's owned by the New York-based Constellation Brands. It is brewed in Mazatlán, Mexico. So, it is largely owned by Anheuser Busch but is not an American beer (like dozens of other ABInBev beers such as Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Hoegaarden, Stella, Bass Ale, Presidente, Montejo, Leffe, Kirin, Beck's, Boddingtons ...).

That's why this wingnut meltdown over Bud Light is so stupid. Many of these outspoken wingnuts now have switched to Coors Lite which itself has been an outspoken advocate of LGBTQ rights or unwittingly to one of many other brands owned by ABInBev.

This is yet another example of pointlessly stupid performative nonsense by the AltReich.
Mexico is in North America. A really cute Mexican American pointed out this to me not all that long after I settled in East Dallas. We Yanks aren't the only Americans. ;^)
Old 04-25-2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Pacifico is brewed by Grupo Modelo, itself owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev everywhere except the U.S., where it's owned by the New York-based Constellation Brands. It is brewed in Mazatlán, Mexico. So, it is largely owned by Anheuser Busch and is not an American beer (like dozens of other ABInBev beers such as Spaten, St. Pauli Girl, Hoegaarden, Stella, Bass Ale, Presidente, Montejo, Leffe, Kirin, Beck's, Boddingtons ...).

This is yet another example of pointlessly stupid performative nonsense by the AltReich, a group that says it's opposed to "cancel culture."
I had a discussion that was pretty much all that at work last Friday.

Nothing but deer in the headlights looks.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:41 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Mexico is in North America. A really cute Mexican American pointed out this to me not all that long after I settled in East Dallas. We Yanks aren't the only Americans. ;^)
I'm not disputing that. It doesn't make Pacifico or Modelo (nor Molson or Labatt's) "American" beers just as your argument doesn't make Andrés Manuel López Obrador the American President.

Last edited by finnbow; 04-25-2023 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:46 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
I'm not disputing that. It doesn't make Pacifico or Modelo (nor Molson or Labatt's) "American" beers.
Didn't say you were and didn't say they were. (insert big grin emoji here)
Old 04-25-2023, 09:58 AM

Drink any Beer for the taste not politics or ad ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b994hRcizU4
Old 04-25-2023, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Drink any Beer for the taste not politics or ad ....
That's always been my practice irrespective of whoever has the bottle/can next to their mug on a TV screen. I'd drink the beer if I liked it even if TFG was hawking it in a commercial. Sure I'd have to don a disguise to buy it, but there you go.