Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy called the special counsel’s appointment an attempt to “whitewash” Biden family corruption.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy called the special counsel’s appointment an attempt to “whitewash” (the imaginary) Biden family corruption. There, fixed it.
The corruption that so far has eluded them BTW. What's to keep the Gym & Jim Follies from continuing their clown show? Can't they still float all the assumptions and allegations they want?

Last edited by RickeyM; 08-11-2023 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Republicans Are Pissed That Merrick Garland Did Exactly What They Asked
https://newrepublic.com/post/174974/...unsel-demanded

Whell, sometimes I think Repube pols are even dumber than you. I know, hard to believe, huh?
Timing is everything. Garland could have appointed a Special Counsel a year or more ago but he didn't. Now as more of the evidence against the Biden crime family is seeing the light of day, Garland decides its time to come to the party and appoint an SC.

If I had to guess, I suspect this is all about the Hunter Biden plea deal that crashed and burned, and not for the reason that your slanted article provides. The Justice Dept was forced to admit in front of a judge that the FARA case against Hunter was still on-going. That's a huge admission, and probably forced Garland's hand.
Old 08-11-2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Timing is everything. Garland could have appointed a Special Counsel a year or more ago but he didn't. Now as more of the evidence against the Biden crime family is seeing the light of day, Garland decides its time to come to the party and appoint an SC.

If I had to guess, I suspect this is all about the Hunter Biden plea deal that crashed and burned, and not for the reason that your slanted article provides. The Justice Dept was forced to admit in front of a judge that the FARA case against Hunter was still on-going. That's a huge admission, and probably forced Garland's hand.
And where is this evidence that you speak of? In Comers head or Gym's jacket?
Old 08-11-2023, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
And where is this evidence that you speak of? In Comers head or Gym's jacket?
The evidence that's there but so well hidden that they can't find it. Maybe if they could only find a reliable whistleblower first? Whell seems to know where it's at so maybe he could share it with the new special council?

Last edited by RickeyM; 08-11-2023 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Timing is everything. Garland could have appointed a Special Counsel a year or more ago but he didn't.
Barr could have appointed a Special Counsel years ago. Also, it was made clear to Weiss the he could ask for a SC appointment, but did not think it necessary. In any event, you do not see Democrats getting all whiny and butt hurt as the GOP has about Trump legal problems.

FWIW, Hunter no longer has my vote for President.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The evidence that's there but so well hidden that they can't find it. Maybe if they could only find a reliable whistleblower first? Whell seems to know where it's at so maybe he could share it with the new special council?
Amazing isn't it?

Three indictments handed to crooked TFG which includes 78 felony charges and total silence. On the other hand president Biden who I believe is doing a very good job leading the country, and instead of supporting or at the very least leave him alone, has to ward off "trumped" up charges and by extension absorb his son's legal entanglements. Now I know how Hillary felt from the "trumped" up Benghazi.

I am using the term 'trumped" up deliberately since all this is done in service of a crook that could not even manage a dog kennel let alone America, which he made far worse from his one term rather than better, or great as he promised.

MAGA my ass.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:10 PM

Whell drank the MAGA Kool-Aid years ago. He'll never back down; sociopaths are "smarter" than the rest of us, don'cha know...
Old 08-11-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
It appears there's sufficient evidence to trigger the appointment a special counsel...unless I'm imagining that too. (roll eyes)
Old 08-11-2023, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Barr could have appointed a Special Counsel years ago.
He did. But you disagreed with everything Durham found anyway. So I can't see why you'd
find fault with Barr's choice not to appoint an SC in the Biden case.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Republicans Are Pissed That Merrick Garland Did Exactly What They Asked
https://newrepublic.com/post/174974/...unsel-demanded

Whell, sometimes I think Repube pols are even dumber than you. I know, hard to believe, huh?
One other point to ponder - can Weiss even serve as a SC in this case? He's a DOJ employee, correct?

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-2...er-VI/part-600

An individual named as Special Counsel shall be a lawyer with a reputation for integrity and impartial decisionmaking, and with appropriate experience to ensure both that the investigation will be conducted ably, expeditiously and thoroughly, and that investigative and prosecutorial decisions will be supported by an informed understanding of the criminal law and Department of Justice policies. The Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government. Special Counsels shall agree that their responsibilities as Special Counsel shall take first precedence in their professional lives, and that it may be necessary to devote their full time to the investigation, depending on its complexity and the stage of the investigation.

But according to Chickie, I'm apparently too dumb to point something like this out.