Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Area Man

War on Women.

An interesting development in the "War on Women";

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03...ort-democrats/

I remember listening to Hannity unleash a bizarre little speech on the radio some years ago, about feminisim. As I recall, it went something like; "........they don't want all of the stresses and headaches of a career. They want to be one of the girls, doing their nails and laughing about the latest gossip.....". I was amazed that the phone bank wasn't abuzz. Because I couldn't imagine even conservative women listening to that drivel for very long. Maybe it was and Eddie Munster was ignoring it? Wouldn't be a big surprise.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-24-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Resident octogenarian

It is time someone spoke out.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 AM

Someone should end this suffraging now!

http://www.kontraband.com/videos/124...mens-Suffrage/

Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Someone should end this suffraging now!

http://www.kontraband.com/videos/124...mens-Suffrage/

Ha, ha.....Amazing isn't? I posted an article about "suffrage" on FB once. One of my own sisters replied, "Yeah, I'm tired of women suffraging too. I support any one who wants to put a stop to it.". I asked her if she bothered to read the article. "I'm a woman. I don't need to read about my own suffraging, I live it every day, David!"

She's a sweetheart, I love her to pieces. But there's a reason why Pop let her live at home until she was thirty....

Dave
Old 03-24-2012, 05:58 PM

I love women.

I want them to be highly educated. That's attractive.

I want them to be able to pursue a career and be paid equally for the same amount of work. Women with a purpose in life is attractive. Women who are baby factories are not.

Most importantly, women's bodies work differently then men's bodies. I want women to have free and easy access to reproductive healthcare, contraception and if necessary, abortions. It's not my body, it's theirs.

But most importantly. I love women.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinE View Post
I love women.

I want them to be able to pursue a career and be paid equally for the same amount of work. Women with a purpose in life is attractive. Women who are baby factories are not.

Most importantly, women's bodies work differently then men's bodies. I want women to have free and easy access to reproductive healthcare, contraception and if necessary, abortions. It's not my body, it's theirs.

Yeah, me too. Even if being ignorant and pregnant all of the time is what she wants. It's her life, she can have it anyway she wants it.

Dave
Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinE View Post
I love women.

Interesting point, doing family history research I ran into a situation where a lady who was supposed to be my Dad's Aunt had a surname not in our family. In the end I ordered a copy of the marriage certificate. Well the deacon or whoever it was could not spell, but Great Aunt Amy signed her name correctly and in a clear hand. It seems that in an age where children went off to work in the mills early, the girls were give some education.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Interesting point, doing family history research I ran into a situation where a lady who was supposed to be my Dad's Aunt had a surname not in our family. In the end I ordered a copy of the marriage certificate. Well the deacon or whoever it was could not spell, but Great Aunt Amy signed her name correctly and in a clear hand. It seems that in an age where children went off to work in the mills early, the girls were give some education.
In my Dads family, it was the two girls that went to college. All four boys went to work to help pay for it.

Dave
Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Here's your war on women right here:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/23...ol-their-wives
Old 03-25-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Here's your war on women right here:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/23...ol-their-wives
So two wrongs do make a right?
Or is Canada the way the GOP get the instructional information to set policy without leaving a paper trail?

Carl