Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:08 AM

Get the facts, moron. That site is for idiots.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/real-climate-science/

Quote:

Overall, we rate Real Climate Science a Quackery level pseudoscience website as well as a moderate conspiracy website based on promoting that the solutions for climate change lead to communism. We also rate them Low for factual reporting due to failed fact checks and a complete rejection of the consensus of science in regards to human influenced climate change. (D. Van Zandt 1/25/2020)

Last edited by Chicks; 06-01-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Get the facts, moron. That site is for idiots.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/real-climate-science/
And based on what evidence to you trust that site?
Old 06-01-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
And based on what evidence to you trust that site?
Mainly because they deal in facts as opposed to the people who say only believe us because everyone else is lying to you.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Mainly because they deal in facts as opposed to the people who say only believe us because everyone else is lying to you.
How do you know?

The site I linked to uses real information. Even those sites that attempt to debunk him will admit to the information he presents. Meanwhile, here I see a site that claims to be able to tell us whether or not to trust a site without explaining WHY we should trust their judgement. What about the site to which I linked caused them to say what they said about it?

Or are they just speaking to the bubble?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
How do you know?

The site I linked to uses real information. Even those sites that attempt to debunk him will admit to the information he presents. Meanwhile, here I see a site that claims to be able to tell us whether or not to trust a site without explaining WHY we should trust their judgement. What about the site to which I linked caused them to say what they said about it?

Or are they just speaking to the bubble?
For crying out loud, do some actual research! Your site is bogus, follow the money! Don't be another Whell moron. You must be another who stopped learning in the 5th grade...
Old 06-01-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
For crying out loud, do some actual research! Your site is bogus, follow the money! Don't be another Whell moron. You must be another who stopped learning in the 5th grade...
The 5th graders around here are pretty hip. Get reminded of climate change all the time.
This was another winter without enough snow or ice to get the slides/sleds out. Or have snow days aplenty.....
Old 06-01-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Stop projecting.

FWIW, I started a thread on Global warming back in early 2006 that got over 6000 comments. Research? Yeah, I've done it. Are you aware of the changes to earth temperature stations? Are you aware of the concept of the "urban heat island"? Have you seen original graphs from Nasa or NOAA, and then seen the "adjusted" ones foisted on the public? Have you seen the graphs that are intentionally started at a time of dramatically unseasonably cold temperatures used to show the world is "warming", when all it really did was get back to normal (whatever that is). Have you heard of the "pause"? How about the utter buffoonery behind the "hockey stick"?

Do some research? Stop projecting.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The 5th graders around here are pretty hip. Get reminded of climate change all the time.
This was another winter without enough snow or ice to get the slides/sleds out. Or have snow days aplenty.....
Your example is of course anecdotal, and actually seems at odds with NOAA's own data regarding CONUS surface temperature observations spanning the lifetimes of current 5th graders so far.

Between 2005 and 2008 NOAA put into operation a new climate station network called (appropriately) the US National Climate Network (USCRN). This network is considered among the best in the world for reporting accurate and precise surface temperature data.

Here is a plot showing the CONUS annual average temperature (averaged January to December) since the network came online.

First, you can see that the CONUS has been cooling since 2016, and further, that last year was actually cooler (on average) than the first two years of this data series.

Of course the average CONUS temperature may not match that of your location, and certainly does not approximate the entire planet; but these data do show that not much has been happening here (meaning the CONUS) temperature wise over at least the 13 years or so.

PS- I joined here against my better judgement, we will see how it goes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C6024F6B-3AEF-4A4D-B0FA-251BDC89E95E.jpg (55.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by anomalous; 06-01-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:28 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_temperature_record
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1024px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.jpg (83.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-01-2020, 01:30 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Welcome!

Tags
climate, global warming