Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:45 AM
Banned

Not that we care about the British Royal Family...

...but this has gotten interesting.

King Charles III has "asked" son Harry and wife Megan to "vacate" their UK home, Frogmore Cottage, which was given to Harry by his Grandmother. Why? Because King Charles wants to give the property to his brother, Jeffrey Epstein's pal, Prince Andrew.

This family is more fucked up than the Kardashians.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 03-02-2023 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:09 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I'm trying to think of any type of story in the news that I care less about than the Royals, but I'm coming up empty. A bunch of entitled, hypocritical hemophiliacs. We fought a war 250 years ago to break away from these clowns, yet we willingly embrace them to this day.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:34 AM
Ready

What a feudal dispute. Most of everyone's time was spent trying to get some estate away from A so it could go to B instead. So Charles III is proving here that he's such a traditionalist.

In this case, it gets down to whose name is on the deed, I would think. Unless Charles can dig up some traditional law that allows the disfavored one's estates to be 'forfeit to the crown,' as the saying was....
Old 03-10-2023, 09:55 AM
Banned

I was just mildly bemused by just how fucked up the new king is that he would evict his son for his embarrasing misegination and turn around and give the residence to his child rapist brother.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:14 AM
Ready

People tend to be fucked up when they are raised by servants instead of parents.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:29 AM

Hard for me to have sympathy for anybody who lives in a palace.

As to the spoiled rich brother and his crimes. I have given up hope in justice along with accountability being equally applied when it comes to the rich and powerful.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:55 AM

The Buckingham palace still holds the jewels they stole from India including the Peacock throne. Its a family of crooks who pillaged and plundered.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:21 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
The Buckingham palace still holds the jewels they stole from India including the Peacock throne. Its a family of crooks who pillaged and plundered.
The British Museum, as awesome as it is, is chock full of plunder from all four corners of the Earth.
Old 03-10-2023, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The British Museum, as awesome as it is, is chock full of plunder from all four corners of the Earth.
Yep...the only Museum that compares...or might even exceed the British Museum is the Vatican Museum of Worldwide Plunder.
Old 03-10-2023, 02:27 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Yep...the only Museum that compares...or might even exceed the British Museum is the Vatican Museum of Worldwide Plunder.
The Topkapi Palace in Istanbul gives the Vatican Museum a run for its money. That said, I got less of a feel of outright plunder in Topkapi or the Vatican than I did in the British Museum. Their contents are largely works of art/sculpture/jewelry made in tribute to the Sultan/Pope as opposed to historical/cultural artifacts that were simply boxed up and stolen. A distinction without a difference perhaps, but I got less of a feeling of pointless plunder/theft in Istanbul and Rome than in London. For example, the most controversial exhibits at the British Museum are the Elgin Marbles, sculptures torn off the facade of the Acropolis and transported to London.

That said, all three museums are quite something to visit. I think I was more awestruck at some of the Topkapi exhibits than at either of the others. For example, they had the 86-carat Spoonmaker’s diamond, set in silver and surrounded with 49 diamonds; two immense golden candleholders, each 48 kg of solid gold and holding 6666 diamonds; Sultan Murat III's gold-plated throne encrusted in diamonds, and the famous Emerald dagger with a handle of 3 emeralds each the size of small chicken eggs. Truly mind-blowing.