Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:37 AM

Thinking just now while listening to Angry Man radio. Why is there no successful equivalent with the progressive agenda?

Could it be there is no one interested?

Or that they get their news and facts from other more reliable reporting sources?

Ask as to why the Right needs to skew twist contrive leaving out to out right lying to counter the media reporting?
Old 07-28-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Thinking just now while listening to Angry Man radio. Why is there no successful equivalent with the progressive agenda?

Could it be there is no one interested?

Or that they get their news and facts from other more reliable reporting sources?

Ask as to why the Right needs to skew twist contrive leaving out to out right lying to counter the media reporting?
I don't think they do. I used to listen to talk radio all the time. The internet sort of short circuited that. But I've been listening since the early 80's. Back then, in my hometown of Seattle, talk radio meant stuff like "pet grooming tips". Politics was a challenge but I don't know why. Then they got into politics on KING A.M. It was hopelessly liberal. It got to where you could tell the host had hung up on the conservative caller because he started monologuing. I was able to get on the air a few times and it was comical I'd be in the middle of a solid retort and I'd hear the click. Then I'd turn on the radio, broadcast in a five second delay, and the host would reword my comments, changing their meaning, and then burn down the straw man he had just created.

Then conservatives started broadcasting. The first big one in Seattle was KVI 570. The station went from oldies music to talk radio. It was a huge hit. They brought in Rush Limbaugh after a few years. And Rush Limbaugh would have a field day with any liberal that called in. They learned not to.
But in the 21st century people like Michael Medved, a staunch conservative, would actually move liberals up to the front of the call in line and debate with them over multiple commercial breaks.

Then came Air America. I really tried to listen but it was beyond boring. And some of the hosts would PLEAD with people to call in. It was my introduction to Rachel Maddow. I thought she was pretty funny with her leftist lunacy, but even then could only stomach it up to a point. If someone is making solid arguments, I can listen even if they disagree with my position. It is often how I learn. But she was just preaching to her own choir with terribly twisted "facts".

The reason conservatives "own" the talk radio world is because it is a world of debating. And in the world of debating, solid arguments based on logic and strategic thinking with a solid grounding in history beat emotional responses every time. The latter can only be tolerated up to a point - which is why Air America no longer exists.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
After reading some articles and watching videos over the past 20 years, specifically, this article really made a lot of things clear.

I've said for a long time that the primary debate tools of the left are:
Ad hominem attack
Projection
deflection

And the projection part especially rang true. Like the leftist who feely admitted he was voting for Obama because he was black, and accusing me of voting against him because he's black - even though I've never voted for ANY democrat for president in my life.

Or the constant accusations that conservatives are the ones that spew hate, even though when you watch a BLM, Antifa, "hands up, don't shoot" rally and juxtapose against a TEA party rally and you get the opposite opinion. Or the fascist Antifa calling the right "fascist.

And this article really nailed the "hate" projection. So here it is:

Are Leftists Literally Addicted to Hatred?

I think the answer is a resonding yes. They tend to be younger (under 25) and, therefore, more emotional in their response - which includes hatred. The right is far more mature and tends to respond more logically and with long term consequences of their response in mind.

But it's a great article.
it's not a great article.
That's using facts to twist a bias point of view.
You point out three things you believe that leftists do in arguments and then do all them.
ANTIFA literally means ANTI-FASCIST.
You're saying the people that are against something are for doing it. I think maybe you don't have any idea of what ANTIFA actually is and you're getting that from actual Fascist's.
Also ANTIFA is an idea.

BLM is saying that everyone matters but I think you're forgetting about us.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
There's the difference. Most of the conservatives I know actually have empathy for the leftists. Heck, we were all young at one time and were leftists ourselves. We can actually relate.

But we grew up. And most of these kids rioting now will too.
Most conservatives I've run into don't exhibit a whole lot of empathy for anybody or anything outside of their wallet.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Most conservatives I've run into don't exhibit a whole lot of empathy for anybody or anything outside of their wallet.
Truth!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg like button a.jpg (5.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-28-2020, 11:32 AM
Ready

Are conservatives ADDICTED to trollish lies and innuendo?

...or can they quit any time they want?
Old 07-28-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Are conservatives ADDICTED to trollish lies and innuendo?

...or can they quit any time they want?
Naw, like any addict, once hooked it takes more and more to achieve the same level of enjoyment.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:39 AM

Republicans have been so programmed to hate by the GOP that it's the only feeling they know. Like if you don't like something you must hate it!. One of the things the New Reich does is convince their followers that all the opposition opposes is because of hate. They hate all that is good about America and they hate tRump because we (Republicans) love him. Thus they see everything spoken about Herr Rump as hatred. Personally I don't hate the man. I don't like him, I don't think he's qualified in any way to hold our nations highest office. I think it's reprehensible the things he's done and continue to do. I can hold these beliefs all day long without hating the guy.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcslob View Post
it's not a great article.
That's using facts to twist a bias point of view.
You point out three things you believe that leftists do in arguments and then do all them.
ANTIFA literally means ANTI-FASCIST.
You're saying the people that are against something are for doing it. I think maybe you don't have any idea of what ANTIFA actually is and you're getting that from actual Fascist's.
Also ANTIFA is an idea.

BLM is saying that everyone matters but I think you're forgetting about us.
I'm quite aware what Antifa means. That's what is so comical about it.

And though I think all people are biased, I thought the point of view was excellent. Some people would say they would not read an article by a jew about the evil deeds of the Nazis because he's biased - even if everything in it is completely accurate and true.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:01 PM
Banned

Well...I find it pretty difficult to have any feeling but disgust for a despicable sociopathic grifter, pedophile, misogynist.