Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:09 PM

Twitter- The Musk era

To begin with I know very little about the site other than from MSM, so just rabble rousing if I may. I am also anti-social media for the obvious reasons, does not contribute anything to our society other than tearing it apart with lies and disinformation.

But reading about Musk's acquisition has been quite interesting, especially the way he caved and finally agreed to purchase it for what seems to be an exorbitant price. Of course I am also quite upset that the two of the three chieftains he fired yesterday were of Indian origin, Parag and Vijaya who until yesterday I did not even know about them. (kidding of course )

But the business aspects of social media does interest me along with the gossip. So heard Kanye Ye is back (did not know he was banned), Trump soon to follow. If so, there goes his Billion $ payday site Truth. As PG Wodehouse would say, wheels within wheels are turning. Lot of liberals calling for boycott of Twitter and their advertisers which will then tank the company. Are they still public or now private?

The best line I heard is Twitter is now an African American owned business.

Jokes aside, wonder what the newfound free speech site will do to our upcoming elections? Nothing good I fear.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
To begin with I know very little about the site other than from MSM, so just rabble rousing if I may. I am also anti-social media for the obvious reasons, does not contribute anything to our society other than tearing it apart with lies and disinformation.

But reading about Musk's acquisition has been quite interesting, especially the way he caved and finally agreed to purchase it for what seems to be an exorbitant price. Of course I am also quite upset that the two of the three chieftains he fired yesterday were of Indian origin, Parag and Vijaya who until yesterday I did not even know about them. (kidding of course )....
On the bright side, I read that they're leaving with a multi-million severance package while Musk spent 3x what Twitter is worth to buy it.

If Trump is allowed to rejoin Twitter, he's gonna leave his MAGA investors at Truth Social high and dry, notwithstanding the fact that it was in the process of going belly-up anyway.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:33 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The wingnuts on 4Chan are encouraging their herd to test Twitter's tolerance for racial slurs, etc. The following graph shows the frequency of the "n-word" since his takeover. This is what MAGA world considers free speech.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The wingnuts on 4Chan are encouraging their herd to test Twitter's tolerance for racial slurs, etc. The following graph shows the frequency of the "n-word" since his takeover. This is what MAGA world considers free speech.
Musk I am told is high on robots and I am willing to bet that he is looking for AI based bots to do the administration and moderation of Twitter. Why else would he call for a 75% cut in staffing?

Good if it works for him, but my gut feel says the inmates will take over the asylum pushing away the revenue generating members. Interesting that he was bitching about Twitter's subscriber count, yet if the real people leave Twitter (which I expect to now in droves) and the MAGAts occupy the den of lies, it will be worthless very soon.

As for Trump, its a Catch-22. he is not going to get his $1Billion buyout from Truth Social going public, his ego will tell him to get back on Twitter for a bigger magaphone.

It will be a twofer, kill both Truth and Twitter in one swoop, something he is very good at.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:25 PM

If E M latest tweet is any indication of Twitter's direction, it may be time for those holding Musk related stock to reevaluate their risk future.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ROSTITUTE.html
Old 10-30-2022, 09:14 PM

Meanwhile;
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...al-app-2022-10
Old 10-30-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I read this yesterday and Bluesky looks like a portal for popular Social Media sites. After the Truth disaster, doubt if anyone in their right minds would want to launch another social media site or raise the money to do it. In fact rumor is that Dorsey is working with Musk behind the scenes at Twitter.
Old 10-30-2022, 11:22 PM

Elon Musk takes Twitter exactly where we thought he would: Into the sewer
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-hammer-attack
Old 10-31-2022, 01:51 AM

Will Elon now shut this kid up now that he owns Twitter?

A 19-year-old built a flight-tracking Twitter bot. Elon Musk tried to pay him to stop.

Quote:
“Can you take this down? It is a security risk.”

@ElonJet is one of 15 flight-tracking accounts Sweeney has created, run by bots he’s programmed to parse the data and tweet every time a chosen plane takes off or lands. Each one follows a high-profile person, almost all in tech, including Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos. But Musk’s tracker is the most popular, with nearly 83,000 followers.

The account's popularity appears to have scared Musk. “I don’t love the idea of being shot by a nutcase,” he told Sweeney in their DM conversation.
Tell that to someone who gives a F.

But unfortunately this Sweeney youngster is a huge Musk fan.

https://www.protocol.com/elon-musk-flight-tracker
Old 10-31-2022, 05:30 AM

""Musk initially responded to Clinton’s tweet: “There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye,” attaching a link to an article falsely claiming that Paul Pelosi’s attacker was a lover he met at a bar in the middle of the night.""

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-...b01c1b94e78407

POS! Musk needs to be stopped...