Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
If Bernie gets the nomination, I will put my money on Bernie. Probably double of what I would bet on Trump. The bets I am talking about are hypothetical.
Way to dodge the question.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Jigsawed

It seems that black support tipped the scale in favor of Clinton.

Hillary benefits from the solid support of blacks for her husband. Even in the dire days of
his sex scandals the black community stood with him. They called him the "Black president". In fact it was Toni Morrison who first called him the Black President, not out of anything he did specially for black people, but because she empathize with the blackness of his life story.

The black community somehow swallowed the line up to this day, despite the fact that Bill Clinton sold them down the river with NAFTA and bowed to Gingrinch with work welfare (later amended by Obama).

Last edited by Dondilion; 02-21-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Way to dodge the question.
I didn't dodge it, said I will bet on Bernie against Trump. Other than calling Bernie crazy, what else does he have? And how would Trump's promises stand up against a Bernie attack? Build a wall, deport 10+ million, defeat ISIS, replace Obamacare with something better?

Trump will finally have to answer some real questions if he is the nominee and during the general election debates and interviews.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Bernie's going to win those Southern states John?

He is going to win New York, Virginia and California?
We don't know, do we? What we do know is that Hillary's "inevitability" is looking less inevitable by the day.

Bernie probably won't win Virginia and New York (but I wouldn't bet on that) and I actually think he could win California. That would be Yoooge!
Old 02-21-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
in Bernie's case there will be no Congressional majority to get it done. What scares the hell out of me is that Trump will have a majority.
Actually, I view this as one of the key advantages of a Sanders win. Of the two Democratic candidates, Bernie is far more likely to inspire the sort of movement that'll sweep other Democrats into office. This only happens with a candidate who can build a movement. That's Bernie. Hillary's only strength is that she's not a Republican. Even the fact that she's a woman isn't working for her. Women have been voting for Bernie.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
It seems that black support tipped the scale in favor of Clinton.

Hillary benefits from the solid support of blacks for her husband. Even in the dire days of
his sex scandals the black community stood with him. They called him the "Black president". In fact it was Toni Morrison who first called him the Black President, not out of anything he did specially for black people, but because she empathize with the blackness of his life story.

The black community somehow swallowed the line up to this day, despite the fact that Bill Clinton sold them down the river with NAFTA and bowed to Gingrinch with work welfare (later amended by Obama).
He also sold them and every other poor person down the river with "welfare "reform".
Old 02-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I think Americans are pretty fucking stupid but let's say you're right and they're not as stupid as I think. Even so, if Americans are half as stupid as I think they are, a Trump presidency is almost a shoo-in.
I don't think it's so much a matter of being stupid, it's more a matter of having authoritarian personalities.

Many Republicans will hate Trump and want to vote against him. Some number of Democrats will have the personality to follow Trump and vote for him (hi TJ). Ideally the Dems would get in by nominating a candidate with enough crossover appeal to compensate for the TJs by sweeping up the disaffected Republicans. But neither of the current candidates fills the bill, i don't think.

So I'm highly worried that Trump's prospects are all too good at this point.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:40 AM

Just think, an independent has to make a choice between someone we know is corrupt from her long and storied history or take a chance on a guy with no political history and is not "beholden" to any special interest........

Who do you think the average, not steeped in politics, independent/non decided voter is gonna go?

Now, factor in Trump's move to the center once the general hits....."Hello President Trump".....
Old 02-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Actually, I view this as one of the key advantages of a Sanders win. Of the two Democratic candidates, Bernie is far more likely to inspire the sort of movement that'll sweep other Democrats into office. This only happens with a candidate who can build a movement. That's Bernie. Hillary's only strength is that she's not a Republican. Even the fact that she's a woman isn't working for her. Women have been voting for Bernie.
Hillary has raised $26 million for down ticket races while Bernie has raised only $1,000. Seems like the coat tails are Hillary's by that measure.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Just think, an independent has to make a choice between someone we know is corrupt from her long and storied history or take a chance on a guy with no political history and is not "beholden" to any special interest........

Who do you think the average, not steeped in politics, independent/non decided voter is gonna go?

Now, factor in Trump's move to the center once the general hits....."Hello President Trump".....
Bernie has no 'political history' after 30 years in congress? You may be onto something there.