Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post

Image: be it right or wrong, I feel strongly that an "old lady" image is hard to get elected. Trump although older, does not poses this image.

You post something like this (above) and expect to be taken seriously in a conversation about women's equality?!

Like I said... You can't see what you don't want to see.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
My personal experience is mainly military, and generally, it went on there as well.
Men tended to make the rules, written or otherwise, and otherwise was where things really went bad, ruining careers and lives.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
thanks again

I am looking for specifics of personal experiences since mine appear to be so different.

As I have thought about this further, I recall more and more advantages women had. Now granted my experience was in the middle and lower end of retail and later wholesale but men were always overlooked and NEVER paid more.

Sort of a voluntary affirmative action that propelled women not hindered women in my day.

Aside from pay which I have never seen unequal, I recall bosses who had never worked with women previous who were instantly smitten little manipulated toys. But that has a flip side. Women being punished for rejecting advances. I am guessing that is another conversation? Or that has a place here?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
You post something like this (above) and expect to be taken seriously in a conversation about women's equality?!

Like I said... You can't see what you don't want to see.
Yes, I did post that Barb.

And it's freakin true and very understandable.

Are you capable of explaining yourself or not?

My past interactions with you suggest no. You slap at what you don't like and then hide.

Stop with the nonesense.

You have something of value to add or not?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, I did post that Barb.

And it's freakin true and very understandable.

Are you capable of explaining yourself or not?

My past interactions with you suggest no. You slap at what you don't like and then hide.

Stop with the nonesense.

You have something of value to add or not?

I don't like conversing much with you for several reasons.
First, you refuse to address me by my given name.

Second, you refuse to believe my words for what they are and insist on projecting what you think I should be saying/feeling.

Third, you go round and round and never have a conversation that really includes others. It appears to me you just like to hear yourself talk.

I may be wrong in my conclusions, but that's how I see it.

And just because I leave a one sentence post doesn't mean anything like a drive by. It just means that is all I want to say in that response. There is no rule on the length of a post here as far as I know.

Finally... Your comment on Hilary aging and Trump aging is a blatant discriminatory mindset. With a mindset like that.... I'm not surprised that you don't see how women are discriminated against in society.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
thanks again

I am looking for specifics of personal experiences since mine appear to be so different.

As I have thought about this further, I recall more and more advantages women had. Now granted my experience was in the middle and lower end of retail and later wholesale but men were always overlooked and NEVER paid more.
Can you list these advantages?

And if you were at the lower or middle end of retail, how is it that you were in a position to know what your female coworkers were paid and hoe that compared to what their male counterparts were paid?

Quote:
Sort of a voluntary affirmative action that propelled women not hindered women in my day.
How exactly did this voluntary affirmative action "propel" women forward in their careers?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:34 PM

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/20...exual-violence

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You slap at what you don't like and then hide.
This sounds misogynist. Slap and hide?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Can you list these advantages?

And if you were at the lower or middle end of retail, how is it that you were in a position to know what your female coworkers were paid and hoe that compared to what their male counterparts were paid?

How exactly did this voluntary affirmative action "propel" women forward in their careers?
Be glad to explain.

I spoke to many advantages already. I'll go over them again.
1) Women were a preferred hire.
2) Women stared at the same pay BUT all employees received commission as well. When physical work was called for, the men did it. This removed the men from the sales floor so the women were at an advantage in pay.
3) Women were the preferable sex for promotions.
4) women received maternity leave, men did,'t
5) Women were not sent to "tough" areas. You know NJ. In the company I was with the men worked the Paterson, Newark, Passaic, East Orange... stores. Women stayed in Bergen County or Livingston or Wayne... I recall men quieting rather than accept the transfer to some tough neighborhoods. Not a women ever asked.

You have to recall, this was the late 70's. Corps wanted no suits brought so men got passed over left and right.

Bear in mind, I am not like the other poster, I am not upset at any of this. Just telling you what I saw and why I never saw it as an issue.

I worked in the lower end of retail not on the bottom rung . Maybe I misspoke. I worked with the middle and lower end in retail.
I did the payrolls so I know exactly who made what. Then I supervised the payrolls and did the hiring with the companies objectives in mind. I guess I was really middle or upper management although it never felt it. lol

I generally had upwards of 50 people I was fully in charge of so I knew....

I have had this conversation with my eldest daughter and she thinks being a female has never limited her. Generally been an aid. I can't say how but she has thought that in general terms and expressed that feeling to me. She does quite well except she was a knuckle head going to work for a start up just before she got married. She lost tons of benefits she would have had if she stayed put.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post

Finally... Your comment on Hilary aging and Trump aging is a blatant discriminatory mindset. With a mindset like that.... I'm not surprised that you don't see how women are discriminated against in society.
Soooooooo we cannot ever talk open and honest about the psychology of the voter? Of humans?

if we do we are blatantly discriminatory?

Tell you what, teach me.

How do I better express the fact that human perception see a frumpy old women differently than a tanned well spoken old man?

I am cursed or privileged, I don't know which, to look at everything from a psychological perspective. It's just instinctive. It's just what I do and I am real good at understanding and explaining what I see.

It's that simple.

I am serious, please tell me how to reword what I have truthfully stated that you will find acceptable.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Admin

"frumpy old woman" and "tanned well spoken old man"

I think I see your problem right there, Ed.