Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
We haven't deamonized "illegals" enough. Let's start deamonize American Citizens now. They're all just too lazy to work. That's it.
Thats not what I am advocating. What I'm saying is this shit needs to be sorted out so we can move on, as a country.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Quote:
Noon, that's probably where our differences start. Down here the ones that
own businesses and work are more deserving than the ones that do not work.
Yep, you are correct we do differ up here. We figure every man is equal.

Quote:
I would never be for cutting out some grandmothers check or benifits
but there are some sorry a$$ people that leach off the rest of us around
here.
here in NY we don't have that problem.

Quote:
I guess if I lived in New York and saw what you see maybe I would play
the victim also and wish bad luck on the rich

Maybe you would but you would be the first I saw doing such a thing.

Quote:
Now I just hope everyday when
I come home from work I do not find my home ransacked by meth heads
I don't wory about stuff like this. Really.

Quote:
or
another democrat knocking on my door begging for a vote so they can take
more of what little money I make or cower down in front of some NBA players
threatening not to play unless their demands are met or stab me in the back
with some health care bs.
You have some strange democrats out there. Out here it is the GOP don't want the NBA players to contribute as much to society and are always wanting to cut their taxes because they "earn it."
Old 11-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Of course things are better up there. You have a bunch of mostly self reliant
people growing their own food and entertaining themselves for the most part
without having to depend on the govt to guide/support them and without all the
trash we have to keep up.
And by going along with this method of buying overseas products and not
buying local, we are just as guilty as the bastards on wall street. We are
cutting our own throats.
I can't believe I'm doing this, but:

Right on, Jack! Your best post ever!

Dave
Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 PM

Some are already 'deporting themselves'. My husband, who is a legal permanent resident from Mexico (I'd be more than happy to share what an agonizing process the legal route was), works in a kitchen whose staff is primarily undocumented workers. They are friends of ours. In the past year, I've seen quite a few of them take their savings and head back to Mexico. They've all been single males or married couples without kids. For them, the fear of being deported and not given a chance to plan for their return to Mexico is enough for them to cash their chips while their ahead. But those are people who never laid down roots.. once you have a family and become a part of the community, it's not an option to go back to Mexico.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaluna View Post
Some are already 'deporting themselves'. My husband, who is a legal permanent resident from Mexico (I'd be more than happy to share what an agonizing process the legal route was), works in a kitchen whose staff is primarily undocumented workers. They are friends of ours. In the past year, I've seen quite a few of them take their savings and head back to Mexico. They've all been single males or married couples without kids. For them, the fear of being deported and not given a chance to plan for their return to Mexico is enough for them to cash their chips while their ahead. But those are people who never laid down roots.. once you have a family and become a part of the community, it's not an option to go back to Mexico.
BTDT not so much agonizing as costly, well it is if you get a lawyer. Welcome to the funny farm Eva.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Jigsawed

It is very important that we seal the Mexican borders. We are importing a lot of criminals (including many kidnappers!) from Mexico. Deport on a fast track method all criminal illegals.
The politicians on both sides have sold out the country. Now we have in some cities "Sanctuaries" where it is being put into law that illegals are untouchables.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
It is very important that we seal the Mexican borders. We are importing a lot of criminals (including many kidnappers!) from Mexico. Deport on a fast track method all criminal illegals.
The politicians on both sides have sold out the country. Now we have in some cities "Sanctuaries" where it is being put into law that illegals are untouchables.
It can't be done. Sealing 2,000 miles of rugged terrain (with oceans on both ends) is an impossibility. If they bring drugs through tunnels and on boats, they can (and do) bring illegals.

We need to change the laws such that illegals have no reason to want to come here. Despite all the grandstanding on this subject, a large GOP constituency (business owners in construction and agriculture) want a cheap, docile labor force and the Dems want the Hispanic vote. Hence, all the rhetoric about sealing the border. It will be impossible, expensive and ineffective - just the way the ruling class wants it. It's yet another example of confusing motion with progress.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
We haven't deamonized "illegals" enough. Let's start deamonize American Citizens now. They're all just too lazy to work. That's it.
Many Americans want to work but are considered as second choice not only for unskill work but also very skill work. It is simply cheaper to employ the illegal.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Many Americans want to work but are considered as second choice not only for unskill work but also very skill work. It is simply cheaper to employ the illegal.
At least in these parts, the Hispanic illegals have a work ethic on unskilled work that puts our own countrymen to shame. I hate to say it, but it's true.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It can't be done. Sealing 2,000 miles of rugged terrain (with oceans on both ends) is an impossibility. If they bring drugs through tunnels and on boats, they can (and do) bring illegals.
True! However that is no reason why we should not endeaver to make the entrance as difficult as possible.