Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
If you've got a prescription you're covered, it don't report as positive.

Like time release morphine

A bear walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, sorry, but we don't serve bears here.

The bear points at a woman sitting at the bar and says, if you don't serve me I'll eat her. The bartender shrugs and says, doesn't matter.

So the bear eats the woman. He points at the bartender and says, serve me NOW!.

The bartender says, trembling, I can't serve you now for sure, we can't serve you if you're on drugs.

The bear, surprised, says I'm not on drugs! The bartender looks him straight in the eye and says:

That was a bar-bitch-you-ate.

:-) I'm here all week.

Pete

ROFL ..
Old 01-09-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
Myself I agree with Dave it doesn't belong in the workplace. Where I work you can kill yourself or someone else pretty quickly. Stupid tweaker ass took off 3 of my fingers back in 97 and even though they put them back on theyre never going to work right again.

That being said I would rather work around someone who smoked a j 3 days ago than a guy who was out drinking until 1AM the night before.

Tough call on whats an invasion. At my employment your only tested on reasonable suspicion or if you have an OTJ accident.
10-4 on that.

Had an idiot kid drop a 10lb nail gun on my noggin one time. Didn't knock me out, but I was a bloody mess. Earlier in the day, he cut the overhang loose on the edge of the house and it smashed my compressor. I would have thought that any dumb ass would have had sense enough to move the compressor first, but.....

Didn't matter how much pot the little prick smoked, he still couldn't get it right.

And he wasn't around much longer.

Chas
Old 01-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Not sure if your aware but medicinal mary jane is legal in several states now.

I am curious as to how an employer will handle a positive test for it when its doctor prescribed
It isnt illegal if you get a script, I was on Vicodin years ago and tested positive for it but didnt list it because I had forgot, a simple call to my Dr and all was well............it would be the same for Weed if you got it from a legitimate source. I am all for personal freedom and dont care what anyone does but if you get caught tough shit......they all know damn well it isnt legal so enjoy and pray.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
If they are so effing deserving why don't they have the jobs already? BTW if y'all are looking for idiots try the RNC or Mahogany Row.
Hmmmm I dunno maybe just maybe ITS THE BAD ECONOMY??????????????????
Old 01-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writewing View Post
It isnt illegal if you get a script, I was on Vicodin years ago and tested positive for it
So, another thing you and Limbaugh have in common. Did your maid buy it for you too?

John
Old 01-10-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
So, another thing you and Limbaugh have in common. Did your maid buy it for you too?

John
I've had people slip me Vicodin before, last one was a woman I was trying to fix her storm door for (and she didn't hire to put it in in the 1st place) while I could barely walk.

Even my old buddy, who wasn't really a lib, he just hated the Republicans, and BTW had been through two back operations even gave Rush a pass on that one.

According to him, if you've ever been down in the back, you'll do anything to get some relief.

And I've been down in the back. And he's right.

Have you ever been lying in the floor, screaming in agony, with tears running down your cheeks?

I have, and it stinks.

Chas
Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Have you ever been lying in the floor, screaming in agony, with tears running down your cheeks?

I have, and it stinks.
Can't say as I have, Chas, but I've got a pretty impressive "war story" of my own, in and out of hospitals from 1978 to 1984 getting put back together. I know about pain and pain sucks. Also, being a reformed drink, I try not to judge other people's addictions.

Anyway, I was really only needling "New Kid" about how he and Limbaugh have a lot in common.

John
Old 01-10-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

John
Actually I have Ankylosing Spondylitis but if mocking me makes you feel better then enjoy.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Resident octogenarian

Watching Washington Week last night they were saying that the Democrats chances in November depended a lot on the unemployment number. Sure, considering that most Mahogany Row types are Republicans and that they are not hiring, just bringing in more temps, what do you think are the chances of unemployment dropping below 10%? I would say about those of a snowball in hell. How effing hypocritical can they get.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writewing View Post
Actually I have Ankylosing Spondylitis but if mocking me makes you feel better then enjoy.
Did you ever notice that you start the disruptions here?

I didn't think so.

Maybe you have social unawareness?