Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:12 AM
reflexionar

Voter turnout in your area?

Just wondering what turnout looks like in your area this election. Oregon is at 61.2% already with 3 days to go. I'm not looking for party breakdowns as I don't belong to one. I'm just happy to see people exercising their right to vote this cycle and glad my local turnout looks good so far. I hope the rest of the country is following suit as our little state is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of national elections.

Marc
Old 10-31-2020, 09:53 AM
Ready

Ohio voting running hot, though not as hot as Oregon. Overall, about twice as much early voting, in-person and by absentee ballot, as four years ago. 31% of registered voters have voted as of Monday. 71% total voted last election. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ds/3745397001/
Old 10-31-2020, 10:03 AM

"As the final weekend before Election Day approaches, approximately 40 percent of California’s electorate, or 8.5 million voters, have already cast their ballots—about double the number a week ago. As more in-person polling places open, experts say the state is on track to have more votes cast than ever before."

"Of the 8.5 million ballots returned so far, 4.6 million (54 percent) have been from Democrats, 1.9 million (22 percent) from Republicans, and 2 million (24 percent) from Independents and third party voters."

https://calmatters.org/politics/vote...l-vote-record/
Old 10-31-2020, 10:48 AM

I live in a border area of two states, Indiana and Kentucky. The Louisville metro area has seen heavy voting. Most people I know have already voted. A good portion choose in person early voting. We voted by mail weeks ago. Ballots received waiting to be counted.