Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:55 PM

Netanyahu Speech

Did anyone else catch it? I saw the whole thing, and was very moved by it.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:41 PM

I didn't see it, but will try to find it on the internets. I googled his name and hit the "news" tab and got this:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1116956.html

Funny, the whole world whines about the same stuff.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

I will say this, the time I lectured in Israel I flew with El Al, man their security is unbelieveable, they make TAS look like a bunch of amateurs.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
...they make TAS look like a bunch of amateurs.
That's tough to do!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 AM

I was just going to say..Ed beat me to it. The primary requirements for a TAS employee down here seem to be: 1) You are African-American, 2) You are a woman- Nothing wrong so far, except that I'd really rather prefer a 6'10" snarling dude confronting wannabe hijackers- & 3) you MUST be super-morbidly obese. Folks, these women they have working security at the airports could barely waddle across the terminal to get to the loo, much less confront/stop a hijacker..I oughta know, I used to WAS "Super-Morbidly" obese. We all know these people are pretty much for show, the REAL security goes on behind the scenes, but still...
Old 09-25-2009, 02:43 PM

if i were iran id shut the fuck up and fly rite. the jews are not going to wait for their own 911 to act. nor should they.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:05 PM

Yeah, didn't they make hash out of a reactor there-Or was it Iraq ? back in '81 or so ? The Israelis DON'T mess around...I think its high time Imadinnerjacket got taken down a notch or 3 anyway, ESPECIALLY by the people he's vowed to wipe off the map...
Old 09-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
if i were iran id shut the fuck up and fly rite. the jews are not going to wait for their own 911 to act. nor should they.
agree

(i doubt this will happen again)
Old 09-27-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I was just going to say..Ed beat me to it. The primary requirements for a TAS employee down here seem to be: 1) You are African-American, 2) You are a woman- Nothing wrong so far, except that I'd really rather prefer a 6'10" snarling dude confronting wannabe hijackers- & 3) you MUST be super-morbidly obese. Folks, these women they have working security at the airports could barely waddle across the terminal to get to the loo, much less confront/stop a hijacker..I oughta know, I used to WAS "Super-Morbidly" obese. We all know these people are pretty much for show, the REAL security goes on behind the scenes, but still...
Last time I flew it was as a group...folks, sister, wife, and myself. Instead of just snickering about what a bunch of hicks we were, they jerked me out of line to look at my shoes...I couldn't believe it.

Then, when they ran us through security again, my mom was stupid enough to question one of them. About 5 or 6 of them ran up, forced the rest of us to "Stand Back!", and started to drag my mom away...I thought they were going to back room her for a second. Basically, they didn't want to have their authority questioned at all.

These cretins aren't a joke...they're an insult. BTW, my buddy the DA took his wife and kids on a trip to Florida and came back all pissed off because they jerked him out of line to look at his shoes.

How's Buggs Bunny put it, "What a maroon"?

Chas
Old 09-27-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah, didn't they make hash out of a reactor there-Or was it Iraq ? back in '81 or so ? The Israelis DON'T mess around...I think its high time Imadinnerjacket got taken down a notch or 3 anyway, ESPECIALLY by the people he's vowed to wipe off the map...
Didn't they leave a big hole in the desert over in Syria just last year?

Chas