Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2012, 08:49 AM

Obama Losing Union Votes

They still steal money out of our checks to support Dems, but I can tell you that Obama isn't going to get the Union member votes (private sector) he enjoyed in 08. I used to be the rogue union guy that ran anti Obama stickers on my truck, but it seems to have caught on, at least in Kansas City. I've seen several the last couple weeks, including one IBEW worker's truck that used the entire tailgate to say "Nobama". This is a first for me, as they drill that shit into the young guys heads during their apprenticeship. I've almost gotten into a fight or two, once for a yard sign and once for a truck sticker. All the Unions around here had to take shit for contracts last year (first time I can remember). Us pipefitters have had two dollars a year raises for the last 10 years at least, and this time we almost had to strike to get 50 cents. Talk about a bloom falling off a rose, hit a union man in his wallet and watch. I hear it in the parts houses too. Guys like me that would usually talk in a whisper, are having no problem letting people know where they stand. I had always hoped my union brothers weren't as dumb as the general public, and it seems like they have finally figured it out. I want to see that Employees Rights bill go through so they can't take PAC money out of my check without my written permission. IME they have never backed a single republican. In all those years there was never a single Republican that they could back. Bullchit.