Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Afghanistan can only be saved by Afghanistanis.
After we leave and if Kabul and Kandahar fall to the Taliban we will have wasted our time there for nothing. Five guys who have spent 15 years in Gitmo and were replaced in the Taliban hierarchy a long time ago will not make one difference.

It is as if the Republicans want everything to fail just because they hate Obama so much.

Before this happened they were saying he had not done enough to get the guy out.

A white Republican did this no one would be saying anything.
Quoted for truth.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Resident octogenarian

Is not the new trend 'trial by media' just amazing? I wonder whatever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty" or have we discarded the Sixth.

Tom's son could probably tell us .armchair JAG officers' what the horror over there is like but I doubt he wants to talk about it. Perhaps laying down his weapon and walking into the night he hoped they would kill him? Having once honestly looked suicide in the face that I could understand. Whatever, I will wait until we get his side of the story, but even then not having walked that heelhole in his boots I will leave condemnation to others, I have enogh sins of my own to answer for.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Is not the new trend 'trial by media' just amazing? I wonder whatever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty" or have we discarded the Sixth.

Tom's son could probably tell us .armchair JAG officers' what the horror over there is like but I doubt he wants to talk about it. Perhaps laying down his weapon and walking into the night he hoped they would kill him? Having once honestly looked suicide in the face that I could understand. Whatever, I will wait until we get his side of the story, but even then not having walked that heelhole in his boots I will leave condemnation to others, I have enogh sins of my own to answer for.
What pisses me off most is that the persistent chickenhawk flagwavers, out there supporting the military and goddamn military families are putting Bergdahl's parents through hell (regardless of the actual history) for one reason only. Because they hate Barack Obama. Every one of them is fucking scum.

If Panetta thinks exchanges like this are a mistake, that's fine. I probably agree with him. But that isn't what this is about. It's about the behavior of right-wing talkshow gasbags and GOP vote whores. And also schmucks like whell who don't know WTF they're talking about, but spew their inane crap, including lies about fellow members, all over this forum anyway.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-05-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
What pisses me off most is that the persistent chickenhawk flagwavers, out there supporting the military and goddamn military families are putting Bergdahl's parents through hell (regardless of the actual history) for one reason only. Because they hate Barack Obama. Every one of them is fucking scum.
Quoted for truth.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
We've managed to embold the 1st with power it should not have, completely discard the 4th, and make a mockery of the 2nd. Why not?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
We've managed to embold the 1st with power it should not have, completely discard the 4th, and make a mockery of the 2nd. Why not?
That is as well put a description of the current state of Constitutional affairs as I have ever heard.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:27 AM

And lookie here - looks like Bergdah's release will be inspiring Ike's terrorist heroes to go kidnap some more.

http://time.com/2826534/bowe-bergdahl-taliban-captors/

Asked whether the Taliban would be inspired by the exchange to kidnap others, he laughed. “Definitely,” he says. “It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people. It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird.”
Old 06-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
And lookie here - looks like Bergdah's release will be inspiring Ike's terrorist heroes to go kidnap some more.
You don't read any better than 5 below spells. It's not about the Taliban or Bowe Bergdahl. It's about right-wing dumbfucking parasites like you who are willing to shit all over Bergdahl and his family because you hate Barack Obama.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
It's not about the Taliban or Bowe Bergdahl. It's about right-wing dumbfucking parasites like you who are willing to shit all over Bergdahl and his family because you hate Barack Obama.
Quoted for truth again. You're on a roll Ike.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Quoted for truth again. You're on a roll Ike.
AW...shucks, man.