Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

She's entirely within her rights to give away her money as she chooses. More power to her. As for me, I'm personally anti-abortion, but pro-choice. Namely, the fact that I personally oppose abortion shouldn't give me the right to make this choice for others.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
She's entirely within her rights to give away her money as she chooses. More power to her. As for me, I'm personally anti-abortion, but pro-choice. Namely, the fact that I personally oppose abortion shouldn't give me the right to make this choice for others.
+one!

Pretty much where I'm at!

No fear of me every getting knocked up so will never have to make the decision for myself. I was extremely lucky in meeting and marring a woundeful woman who wanted my children! Three times too! Son's taboot!

Barney
Old 06-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Area Man

I support abortion up to the 100th trimester. After that, I figure they deserve to live, having made it thus far and hopefully finished college/ served at least one enlistment in the military. So we need them around to repay those college loans and pay taxes.

Make sense to you?

Dave
Old 06-13-2014, 02:24 AM
Area Man

Honestly, I've never cared for abortion either and for most of the reasons stated above.

However, there are a few points that keep me from going full on pro-life.

1). I am not a woman and have no idea what kind of mental/psychological issues carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term can cause for them. Especially in cases involving rape.

2). A child brought into the world by a mother that wants nothing to do with him/her is very likely headed for a difficult life. Because he/she will either be raised by an uncaring, inattentive mother or end up in foster homes or a ward of the state. If they are lucky, they end up adopted to a good family at an early age and adjust well.

3). This one is cold, from the darker corners of my mind and difficult for me to say, but here goes. The worlds population has more than quadrupled in the last one hundred years.

How sustainable is this? ;

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

http://www.worldometers.info/world-p...on/#pastfuture

I'm just sayin'......

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-13-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

I do find it strange that the very people who complain about government intrusion in their live insist on telling women what they can or cannot do with their own bodies. We have come some distance in regard to childbirth, my Dad and most of his siblings births were attended by mid wives, except Aunt Ethyl who had a doctor present. Grandmother Sarah Anne died painfully of childbed fever. You see Dr. Semmelweiss had yet to determine the cause.

So as I have no idea what a woman goes through carrying a child to term I will leave the decision in their hands.

As to the Gates foundation from personal experience they seem more concerned with children in Africa than here. We donate monthly to Covenant House, the good people who try to get to the runaways before the predators get them. I wrote to the Gates Foundation seeking their help and received a blunt no, so screw Bill and Melinda.

Last edited by merrylander; 06-13-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:19 AM

If it's so easy to go to a clinic and get an abortion why not go and get contraception. There are so many ultra reliable methods there should not be this amount of abortions anymore.

Although I've heard some pro-lifers scream about how devices like IUDs are as bad as abortion. There's just no pleasing some crazy people.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
If it's so easy to go to a clinic and get an abortion why not go and get contraception. There are so many ultra reliable methods there should not be this amount of abortions anymore.

Although I've heard some pro-lifers scream about how devices like IUDs are as bad as abortion. There's just no pleasing some crazy people.
Every sperm is precious..................

Dave
Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Every sperm is precious..................

Dave
Sacred. Every sperm is sacred. Time for you to watch "The Meaning of Life" again! Time for me to watch it again too. One of my favorites.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Sacred. Every sperm is sacred. Time for you to watch "The Meaning of Life" again! Time for me to watch it again too. One of my favorites.
Right you are.

Dave
Old 06-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
So what happens when the woman is infertile, a whole lot got wasted.