Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-24-2023, 11:31 AM

Pence: Golly gee, look what I found.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-indiana-home/

Pence’s team notified the National Archives on Jan. 18 that a small number of documents were “inadvertently boxed and transported” to the former vice president’s home at the end of the last administration. Pence was “unaware of the existence of sensitive or classified documents at his personal residence,” his lawyer wrote to the Archives.

But, he's cooperating, so no big deal, right?

Like i said earlier, I'm pretty sure that a vigorous search would turn up classified documents misplaced, mishandled, misappropriated, whatever, from sea to shining sea, with fingerprints on them from any number of politicians or their staffs. If that's the case, then they're in Bejing and Moscow too.
Old 01-24-2023, 12:11 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-indiana-home/

Pence’s team notified the National Archives on Jan. 18 that a small number of documents were “inadvertently boxed and transported” to the former vice president’s home at the end of the last administration. Pence was “unaware of the existence of sensitive or classified documents at his personal residence,” his lawyer wrote to the Archives.

But, he's cooperating, so no big deal, right?

Like i said earlier, I'm pretty sure that a vigorous search would turn up classified documents misplaced, mishandled, misappropriated, whatever, from sea to shining sea, with fingerprints on them from any number of politicians or their staffs. If that's the case, then they're in Bejing and Moscow too.
On its face, it appears as though Biden and Pence handled the situation appropriately whereas Dear Leader criminally obstructed attempts to get the documents at Mar-A-Lago.

Mike Pence & Joe Biden finding classified documents is like me discovering change under my sofa cushions.

Donald Trump finding classified documents is like me hiding wallets I’ve stolen under my sofa cushions.

Meanwhile, I suspect Pence is now hoping that he will become the beneficiary of the double standard he recently whined about:

Pence: Discovery of classified documents from Biden’s time as VP ‘incredibly frustrating.'

I wonder if he's still frustrated.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-24-2023 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
On its face, it appears as though Biden and Pence handled the situation appropriately whereas Dear Leader criminally obstructed attempts to get the documents at Mar-A-Lago.

Mike Pence & Joe Biden finding classified documents is like me discovering change under my sofa cushions.

Donald Trump finding classified documents is like me hiding wallets I’ve stolen under my sofa cushions.

Meanwhile, I suspect Pence is now hoping that he will become the beneficiary of the double standard he recently whined about:

Pence: Discovery of classified documents from Biden’s time as VP ‘incredibly frustrating.'

I wonder if he's still frustrated.
Disagree on all counts. If Biden - whose motivation for finding and turning over the documents is still suspect (mega-buck lawyers "cleaning out his office"....yeah, right!) - hadn't found himself with such negative press for the slow drip of documents being found and produced, I'm sure Pence would never have bothered. However, he wants to run for Prez in 2024, and doesn't want to get blind-sided by someone "finding" documents during his upcoming campaign.

I also suspect there's some calculation on Pence's part that the public (voters) have been somewhat inoculated against the potential shock value of news that he was in possession of classified documents.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Disagree on all counts. If Biden - whose motivation for finding and turning over the documents is still suspect (mega-buck lawyers "cleaning out his office"....yeah, right!)...
“Following press reports of classified documents at the personal home of President Biden, out of an abundance of caution, on Monday, January 16, Vice President Pence engaged outside counsel, with experience in handling classified documents, to review records stored in his personal home. Counsel identified a small number of documents that could potentially contain sensitive or classified information interspersed throughout the records.”

Here's Pence on January 10 emphatically stating that his staff had reviewed all documents to ensure that no classified papers had left the White House.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-24-2023 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:50 PM

I'd vote for Pence in 2024.

Maybe Kari Lake as VP, if she can be reprogrammed.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
I'd vote for Pence in 2024.

Maybe Kari Lake as VP, if she can be reprogrammed.
You must have a thing for hypocrites.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:11 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

PALM BEACH (The Borowitz Report)—Minutes after it was revealed that classified documents were found at Mike Pence’s home in Indiana, Donald J. Trump demanded that his former Vice-President return all of the secret materials to Mar-a-Lago “at once.”

An incandescently angry Trump addressed the media at his Palm Beach home and accused his former running mate of being “the lowest form of life” for taking documents “that were rightfully mine.”

“Mike Pence took documents from the White House without asking me first if I wanted to take them,” he said. “Mike Pence kept me from having a complete collection of documents, and that, quite frankly, is a disgrace.”

Calling Pence “a total snake in the grass,” Trump said, “All the time he was sucking up to me, he was busy shoving documents down his pants. Some Christian!”

He added that “the Constitution needs to be rewritten” to keep future Vice-Presidents from taking documents that the President might want. “This should never be allowed to happen in our country,” he said.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Disagree on all counts. If Biden - whose motivation for finding and turning over the documents is still suspect...
Suspect by who prey tell?
Old 01-25-2023, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Suspect by who prey tell?
Quite a few folks actually. Don't worry, I won't include you in that group, since you appear to be among the folks buying the Biden narrative hook, line, and sinker.

And since that's likely the case, next time you plan a move, be sure to budget for the $800/hour attorneys who will be cleaning out your closets.

Here are a couple examples of folks not buying the Biden narrative, since you asked.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...up_148764.html

Not unlike other politicians, Joe Biden has done a terrific job of turning political success into a financial windfall. But someone who considered himself “middle-class Joe” for decades should realize the wastefulness of having lawyers perform a task that a trusted intern or aid could perform. As many big-time East Coast lawyers now routinely charge $1,000 an hour, it’s an awfully expensive packing crew – unless the intent wasn’t truly to “pack” but rather to purge.

The timing here is suspicious as well. Apparently, this moving crew was at Biden’s University of Pennsylvania office a week before midterm elections that were widely anticipated to turn control of the House over to the Republicans. As Republicans had signaled that they were going to be spending considerable time wearing out the subpoena powers of various House committees to investigate Biden and his family, it would be an auspicious time to get rid of anything damaging. By using lawyers to carry out the document purge, Biden would be able to attach attorney-client privilege to their efforts, thereby avoiding damaging testimony about the contents of any shredded documents.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...58ed108a3b9913

This is a very interesting article written from the perspective of a former Federal prosecutor. It really is worth reading in its entirety.

What happened next is critical: The Biden private attorney who took the lead on the first batch of documents is Patrick Moore. Moore did not report his discovery of highly classified documents retained in an unlawful place to law-enforcement — i.e., to the FBI or the Department of Justice (DOJ). He reported them to the Biden White House.

That might make some sense, since the Biden White House is his client, not the FBI or DOJ. However:

We do not know who at the White House participated in the deliberations over what to do about the classified documents discovery. What we know is that the White House did not report the discovery to law enforcement. Instead, it reported the discovery to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), an executive agency (i.e., it reports to the president) that is essentially a records repository, not a law enforcement agency.

Moreover, NARA’s leadership, under acting archivist Debra Steidel Wall, has worked closely with the Biden administration. When former President Trump tried to assert executive privilege over government records he had retained at Mar-a-Lago, it was up to Biden — under the Presidential Records Act — to decide whether to support that claim. Politically, though, Biden did not want to be seen as participating in an investigation of his rival. To help him out of that pickle, Wall issued an edict rejecting Trump’s privilege claim, as if she had made the decision about a presidential privilege that only Biden the had legal authority to make.

So, the Biden Camp alerts NARA, not law enforcement. The DOJ didn't find out about the mishandled documents until the NARA Inspector General reported it to the DOJ.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You must have a thing for hypocrites.
Who else are we going to vote for ?

O'bama's mother was a CIA employee involved in the Indonesia Holocaust.

I voted for him, twice.