Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I got me one of them fancy DVR thingies and fast forward through all the shows, just watch the commercials.
I especially love the prescription drug commercials, which have pretty much taken the place of the old boring beer commercials with girls in bikinis.
Nozulla, Lyrica, Lunesta, Chant, Prilosec, Concerta, Lipitor, Enbrel, "SeeAlice", Abilify, Nasonex, Vioxx, Pristiq, Humira, Zoloft, Lipitor, Wellbutrin, Stelara, Prevacid are a few of my favorites.
I especially like the ones with animated people and animals, or butterflies floating around.
Many are fun just trying to guess what it cures, while the actors play softball or load an LP onto the old turntable they found in the garage.
I also dearly love the long lists of side effects, like fixing your neighbor's car while sleepwalking, or oily anal discharge.
Thanks for the laugh.
What I also find fascinating is the disclaimer they read on radio after at the end of a commercial. Guess this is required legalese but the rapid pace at which it is said, no one could understand a word. I find this actually mocking the regulatory requirements.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:52 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I got me one of them fancy DVR thingies and fast forward through all the shows, just watch the commercials....
You had me right then! Great post.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Rational Anarchist

There's more than one? (Please forgive me.)

Movies and cable series.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:03 PM

A 30" Samsung letterbox format HD CRT freebie.
I like the PBS documentaries and some of the ABC dramas, the two air channels with reliable service to my location.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2016, 06:26 AM

I enjoyed Eugene Levity on Second City TV.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:13 AM
reflexionar

I usually watch about an hour a day with the wife right before bed. Usually NCIS, Chicago Fire, The Voice, Big Bang Theory, and Once Upon a Time, with a sprinkling of spinoffs and Law and Order. I get news from the radio and the web.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I watch little TV, but it's always on PBS during the day for the toddlers and baby. Though they hardly watch it either... twin girls are two years old today and into anything & everything they can get into. I'm on my toes all day with them and a 7 month baby boy and just have no time to keep up with news and internet anymore. I'm mom, dad, grandpa, and grandma until grandma gets home. And even then one of the twins will only go to sleep for me, grandma and especially their momma can't put her to sleep. My daughter can't put either girl asleep because her and the childrens daddy took an almost two year vacation when they were born. Their daddy is still on his vacation since my daughter FINALLY dumped him and came home here to her kids about two months ago... but like I said, the girls are two today so it's a little late as the bonding has already been done. It's been a sad couple years at my house, but I've made sure my grandbabies were, are, and always will be loved and taken care of. My tools stay in the toolbox these days but oh well... children can't help what their parents do.

That being said, I'm very happy. I love these three babies with all my heart and at this point would be lost without them. They become your kids after raising them from the get-go, even if it's not on paper, they are in your heart.
They got good grandparents as their real parents. May they know how fortunate they are.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
They got good grandparents as their real parents. May they know how fortunate they are.

I was very sad. DCS got involved when she gave birth to our grandson. They wouldn't tell us ( the grandparents ) why, but they had someone sitting guard outside of her room in the hosp and wouldn't allow her door to be closed. I'm only guessing that it was because she had not went to a doctor until time to have the child for some reason and they must've been waiting for drug test results on the baby. I was mad because they wouldn't talk to me and I told them that whatever the parents had done I could assure them that their girls were not involved because they left them with me at birth and had not lived with them. They were 17 months old at that time.

DCS told me it was a sad story but there was nothing they could do to give my wife and I custody because in TN the law states that a mother can keep custody of her children even if they don't live with her As Long As she checks on them at least once every four months. They said we can raise them but our daughter will always be able to come scoop them up at any time if she decides to be a mother.

Our daughter see's they've bonded and promised us that she won't up-root them from their stable environment, which is the only one they've ever known. I watched my daughter cry when she found my video's of their first steps. She missed out on all that but it was her own fault for not being here. I love her dearly as well, but it took almost two years for her to see that she was not going to change her boyfriend, and she wasn't going to get him to live as a family with their three kids. She's always worked and still does, but all her money went to him and his drug habbits living from one friends house to another.. where she lived as well. I'm glad she finally learned, she's home here with her kids two days a week now. She leaves for work at 5:30am and works until 9:45 pm and gets home around 10:30 so the kids are in bed when she leaves and they are in bed when she gets home. She see's them on her two days off, but mostly stays out of the way being the kids cling to me. Still sad, it'll take some time but she realizes my wife and I will always be their security.

Last edited by hillbilly; 05-06-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Good for you, hillbilly!
Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 AM

Hillbilly..... I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it.