Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToFindmid View Post
Yes agreed.

I think things become very grey when assuming one "tie" themselves to them.

Now when I see some folks kneeling on a friends neck with their pickup truck, a confederate flag and a trump sign as the back drop... I dont blame folks for assuming they may well be part of the alt right / hate fueled demo LOL.

My bigger concern is how folks come to the conclusion of "tie". And I see this happening on both sides. People might cite an example or voice concern for one aspect or another. Then so very often the conversation becomes accusation filled or hyperbolic in nature.

This to me this is the biggest problem with political discourse. An unwillingness to flesh out a civil conversation of varying opinions.
I also joined primarily to understand, tho I do occasionally vent frustration as a little blue dot in very red surroundings.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I also joined primarily to understand, tho I do occasionally vent frustration as a little blue dot in very red surroundings.
May I ask, whats the surrounding you speak of?

I personally feel if more folks simply vented frustration, took a deep breath then listened and interacted, never taking things on some subjective personal level, allot of that frustration could be worked through. This doesn't apply to all problems. But far more than not Id venture.

To me its examples like Daryl Davis. His sit down on Rogan was so inspirational. Heres a black man who went into KKK groups and events and got many to change their ways. They actually spoke with him and found common ground. If a black man like Davis can find a way to come to terms with KKK members and become friends. It says allot about political discourse not being capable of being civil and having a discussion, let alone finding common ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTQ0Wj6yIg&t=26s

Im really hoping to get some suggestions on folks to check out on youtube. Id like to better understand.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToFindmid View Post
May I ask, whats the surrounding you speak of?

I personally feel if more folks simply vented frustration, took a deep breath then listened and interacted, never taking things on some subjective personal level, allot of that frustration could be worked through. This doesn't apply to all problems. But far more than not Id venture.

To me its examples like Daryl Davis. His sit down on Rogan was so inspirational. Heres a black man who went into KKK groups and events and got many to change their ways. They actually spoke with him and found common ground. If a black man like Davis can find a way to come to terms with KKK members and become friends. It says allot about political discourse not being capable of being civil and having a discussion, let alone finding common ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTQ0Wj6yIg&t=26s

Im really hoping to get some suggestions on folks to check out on youtube. Id like to better understand.
Btw, Daryl Davis is an inspiration and example to follow.