Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's probably more like your "ears" need to burn in. Read where Bob Crites claims new caps pretty much burn in while you're fetching a beer.

Oh, "The Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recordings of All Time", now "Chris Botti Live". Think "Concord Jazz" is next.

Damned dog is sitting in front of a speaker and howling along with the high notes.

Chas
I agree with the ears getting used to a speaker...I think you can get used to any speaker once you just forget about everything and just listen everyday.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:26 PM

I had to actually stick my head inside the cabinet through the woofer opening to connect the tweeter leads back and then a piece of dust or foam fell in my eye....the tweeter was stuck on the baffle lol.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I agree with the ears getting used to a speaker...I think you can get used to any speaker once you just forget about everything and just listen everyday.
I recently modded a set of JBL L110's with 035Ti tweeters and a set of 4313B crossovers.

I recapped the crossovers and installed everything. I noticed they sounded harsh for about 10 hours or so of listening. Now they sound just like I was told the mods would make them sound, good.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Van Morrison
Born To Sing No Plan B

should I buy one of those $200 dollar power cords for my tube amp?

They should have a forum in AK: Topics Designed To Cause Major Disruptive Debates lol
Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Van Morrison
Born To Sing No Plan B

should I buy one of those $200 dollar power cords for my tube amp?

They should have a forum in AK: Topics Designed To Cause Major Disruptive Debates lol
Why when you can get one of these starting at $60

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGAC9

Just have plenty or room as they do not flex well
Old 08-09-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
I recently modded a set of JBL L110's with 035Ti tweeters and a set of 4313B crossovers.

I recapped the crossovers and installed everything. I noticed they sounded harsh for about 10 hours or so of listening. Now they sound just like I was told the mods would make them sound, good.
It has to be better after all that hard work Rex!

these Altec Santana's II are just gonna be nice sounding bedstands....

When I bought them this Korean guy (who is my score adversary) had just walked up behind me but I got them first. He cannot speak English but managed to tell me he has Tannoys and an MC-240. He was sort of sad to miss the Santana's. I saw him at Savers a few days ago and yelled Altecs not good!!! lol he just smiled.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
It has to be better after all that hard work Rex!

these Altec Santana's II are just gonna be nice sounding bedstands....

When I bought them this Korean guy (who is my score adversary) had just walked up behind me but I got them first. He cannot speak English but managed to tell me he has Tannoys and an MC-240. He was sort of sad to miss the Santana's. I saw him at Savers a few days ago and yelled Altecs not good!!! lol he just smiled.
Should have offered to trade them
Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 PM

Pretty Lights live right now via the Forever Festival that is a free webcast for a week or so. I suggest all check it out as there is a lot of great music being played for free via the net
Old 08-09-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Should have offered to trade them
I think he is pretty smart on that account....but he was sad as he saw me wheel the speakers to my car....

can you really tell the difference with that AC cord? Dr Audio on AK said that 3 feet of cord would not make a difference to the millions of yards of grid before your wall outlet.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I think he is pretty smart on that account....but he was sad as he saw me wheel the speakers to my car....

can you really tell the difference with that AC cord? Dr Audio on AK said that 3 feet of cord would not make a difference to the millions of yards of grid before your wall outlet.
I suppose not but it makes one wonder why there are such things as "hospital grade" outlets and power cables used on the machines in hospitals.

You're a hospital worker, right, why the need for such things?

Not being sarcastic or trying to fight, just something I wonder.