Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I'm not sure how many of my friends would be impressed with a foreclosure, but that is what would happen if I tried to pay for all of the enhancements that have been suggested here (Some of which I don't even understand - GFCI? -but it doesn't take much work as a handyman for me to reach my level of incompetence). I'll have to give y'all some credit for being damn fine salesmen, however.

Regards,

D-Ray
The only thing I'm trying to sell you is don't stand for the "free" inspection.

Inspectors find something "wrong". If they don't find something "wrong", they ain't much of an inspector according to their estimation.

Damn, I miss the good old days when you could buy them off with a fifth of whiskey or threaten to stomp a mudhole in their ass.

Chas
Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
hgtv...?
Never watched HGTV.

Used to watch "Bob the Spic" hoping that he would run into the kind of construction workers I knew, and wind up with a bundle of shingles dropped on his loudmouthed ass, but after a couple of shows I ran out of patience.

Chas
Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
It's the jail system, cops and their union, the insurance companies, drug testing facilities, and the labs.
I've been doing randoms for almst 10 years now and and at almost $200.00 a test, this is a huge burden on companies.
We have had several accidents over the years and NOT ONCE did anyone come up positive while being treated.
As everyone knows, pot is the only thing they usually catch. We have our "Lottery" at the beginning of every month. I could do meth week 2-4 and never get caught.
Big Pharma + Politicians + Law Enforcement = A giant money grab.

EDIT- I forgot to include the fact that everytime we have an accident, we must send more people to be tested every month, even if they were clean when they were injured. Now that really tells you something IMO.
It's my understanding they now have a test that can tell if you are acually using pot at the time. This should be the only legal test for THC allowed.

Hey D-Ray.....which brainchild judge decided that the insurance racket and empolyers could invade a persons private life when they were off work. What businees is it of theres what anyone does on their own time? Random testing should be completely illegal unless there is a real and present risk to yours or others safety.

Last edited by Rex E.; 10-11-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 PM

"My sex and my drugs and my rock and roll
All my brain and body need
My sex and my drugs and my rock and roll
Are the only thing that keeps me here-- All right?
So get your fuckin' piss cup out of my fucking face
My sex and my drugs and my rock and roll are my fuckin' own business
I don't ask your wife about what position she's fuckin' likin'
ahh....
"

A bit of mind your own business wisdom from Mr Perry Farrell
Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The only thing I'm trying to sell you is don't stand for the "free" inspection.

Inspectors find something "wrong". If they don't find something "wrong", they ain't much of an inspector according to their estimation.

Damn, I miss the good old days when you could buy them off with a fifth of whiskey or threaten to stomp a mudhole in their ass.

Chas
I do appreciate your advice about the inspection, and have every intention of following it. I trust insurance agents only to do anything it takes to increase their commissions. Did I mention that insurance companies are into my pocket for around three grand a month.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
It's my understanding they now have a test that can tell if you are acually using pot at the time. This should be the only legal test for THC allowed.

Hey D-Ray.....which brainchild judge decided that the insurance racket and empolyers could invade a persons private life when they were off work. What businees is it of theres what anyone does on their own time? Random testing should be completely illegal unless there is a real and present risk to yours or others safety.
I heard a story on the radio that several states are proposing laws to require everyone receiving monetary assistance (i.e. food stamps) to take a piss test to qualify for the benefit. Nothing like demonizing the poor for political gain.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
"My sex and my drugs and my rock and roll
All my brain and body need
My sex and my drugs and my rock and roll
Are the only thing that keeps me here-- All right?
So get your fuckin' piss cup out of my fucking face
My sex and my drugs and my rock and roll are my fuckin' own business
I don't ask your wife about what position she's fuckin' likin'
ahh....
"

A bit of mind your own business wisdom from Mr Perry Farrell
I thought that was by Ian Dury and the Blockheads.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I thought that was by Ian Dury and the Blockheads.

Regards,

D-Ray
It's the intro piece to "Ain't No Right" on Jane's Addiction's album Ritual De Lo Habitual

The story behind it is their management team dropped them as they felt the bands drug use made them a risky investment. When the new management team came on at their first meeting they tried to piss test the band and this was Perry's reply.....

OK...you are correct on the first part, DOH! The second part about the piss cup...is Perry's response on the album to the band management

Last edited by Rex E.; 10-11-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've run into exactly ONE "Inspector Clouseau" who wasn't a complete dumb ass.

Where do we find such men???

Chas
I like the corrupt ones who walk in, take a quick look around and say; "Looks good to me.", then leave. Those are getting pretty rare, however.

The last house I sold, the guy was a dick. He even told me so when he arrived. Actually told me "Everything had better be right, 'cuz I'm a dick."

Still, he didn't find much. Just a dead attic vent fan, IIRC.

Dave
Old 10-12-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I do appreciate your advice about the inspection, and have every intention of following it. I trust insurance agents only to do anything it takes to increase their commissions. Did I mention that insurance companies are into my pocket for around three grand a month.

Regards,

D-Ray
I know how you feel, buddy.

On the average, they've been leaving me 2.7K light every month for over a year. So far this year, I've had to go into my hip pocket for something like 15K, and it all pretty much went to them.

Boo and hiss,

Chas