Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Ed, so am I wrong in assuming that you do not favor healthcare provided to everyone ?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:29 PM

Dave, if I were king, we would have a single payer plan. Health care would not be a for profit industry. And I hope that's where we end up. Exactly what you would like- same care for you, me, Obama, Bush and even Cheney. But I don't hold the hard line you do. I'll take whatever progress we can get. If all we get out of this is portability, protection if you lose your job, protection if you have a pre-existing condition or actually get sick, I'd be good with that. For now. One step at a time. I'd hate to see *nothing* get done just because we can't get a perfect solution.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Resident octogenarian

But Ed, we have portability now, it's called COBRA because it bites you on the arse. Saw in the paper today that under the Republicans the FDA fast tracked a knee surgery device because of 'political presure'. Now don't you feel all warm and happy knowing we were so well looked after by the Republicans. Wouldn't you be happy to see them back in power and get rid of the awful Democrats.

You need to watch C-SPAN (sometimes referred to as the Comedy Hour) and watch all those noble Republican leaders in action, the pious old Bishop throwing big words around. Kyl and Grassley behaving like spoiled six year olds, geez is there anyone there whose IQ exceed his age?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 AM

Politics aside...

If Washington could just get together on a plan. Your doctor will not ask what political party you are registered with. Good thing there...because I'm an Independent. I can and DO look at both sides of an issue.

Newspapers are in business to sell papers. As long as they can keep the Dems and Reps at each others throats with print...we will get nowhere. That goes for talking heads who are "show biz."

As for IQ...common sense has been lost. IMHO of coarse.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Administrator

I would not say i'm a hardliner on this subject. In fact I look at it as the most non partisan topic I am involved in.

In years past I was deeply against any welfare programs. It enabled in what I felt was a largely lazy population of Americans. I have softened a little bit on this topic in todays economy.

Health care hits too close to home for me not to see it done right. I have many pre-existing conditions that cost me dearly both in money and quality of life. I pay and pay and pay. So much so that I am 6 figures in debt due to medical bills. Its going to bankrupt my family along with millions of others in in this country in the very near future.

Helping only the "poor" is not only unfair, yeah i know the word unfair has no place in a political discussion, but its just plain wrong.

Obama has the ability to push through a very thorough plan, supported on both sides, if he would just sit down and get more involved then TV address's to support the morons who favor a half assed, fast tracked BS plan.

I guess I am wrong for expecting more then half assed from any politician..
Old 09-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
The special interest groups have the Republicans in their pocket.
I thought the health care industry now favors the Dems with their money? Glass houses, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
But Ed, we have portability now, it's called COBRA because it bites you on the arse.
Lmao! between you and Sandy my coworkers will think I've lost my mind!

Pete
Old 09-25-2009, 08:21 AM

Alas...someone with COMMON SENSE....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I would not say i'm a hardliner on this subject. In fact I look at it as the most non partisan topic I am involved in.

In years past I was deeply against any welfare programs. It enabled in what I felt was a largely lazy population of Americans. I have softened a little bit on this topic in todays economy.

Health care hits too close to home for me not to see it done right. I have many pre-existing conditions that cost me dearly both in money and quality of life. I pay and pay and pay. So much so that I am 6 figures in debt due to medical bills. Its going to bankrupt my family along with millions of others in in this country in the very near future.

Helping only the "poor" is not only unfair, yeah i know the word unfair has no place in a political discussion, but its just plain wrong.

Obama has the ability to push through a very thorough plan, supported on both sides, if he would just sit down and get more involved then TV address's to support the morons who favor a half assed, fast tracked BS plan.

Grumpy...you really GET IT you really get it!
Sorry to hear about you medical issues. Unfortunately...we know two couples who have lost everything. All we can do is pray that others who have kept up their ends as citizens and taxpayers don't suffer that same fate.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

I really expect very little from that lot, sad to say. If it is impossible to do Single Payer here perhaps we should ask the Dutch to send us the outline of their plan. AFAIK it is all private insurers who are tightly regulated by the government. It must work because all the years when I was lecturing abroad I never saw anyone in The Netherlands under six feet tall (even the girls) and robust as all getout.

There so much plain hatred of Obama on the right that I really doubt that his sitting down with that lot would accomplish a damn thing. Just the mention of his name and they go apoplectic.

Last edited by merrylander; 09-25-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I thought the health care industry now favors the Dems with their money? Glass houses, etc...

Lmao! between you and Sandy my coworkers will think I've lost my mind!

Pete

Pete, The health care industry shows no favourites, they are throwing money at Congress like a bunch of drunks in a cathouse.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Rob, I wouldn't have brought it up, and goodness knows how addicted Congress is to money. But to the majority go the spoils, for sure.

Pete