Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM

This continues to get more interesting. On Sunday, Feinstein says the only part of the message the White House changed was to correct references of the facility from "consulate" to the more accurate "mission". Yet everyone from the media to Obama have continued to call it a consulate ever since, with nobody speaking up to correct them.

Also, at the second debate, Obama said he "gave out three instructions as soon as he heard the 'consulate' was being overrun. The first of those three instructions was to beef up security at every consulate and embassy in the region."

So... it was important enough to clarify it wasn't a consulate the day of the event, but not important enough to include "missions" being beefed up when he gave orders? I guess we see now why this place had inadequate security to begin with. If it's not a consulate or an embassy, it ain't making the short list.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
This continues to get more interesting. On Sunday, Feinstein says the only part of the message the White House changed was to correct references of the facility from "consulate" to the more accurate "mission". Yet everyone from the media to Obama have continued to call it a consulate ever since, with nobody speaking up to correct them.

Also, at the second debate, Obama said he "gave out three instructions as soon as he heard the 'consulate' was being overrun. The first of those three instructions was to beef up security at every consulate and embassy in the region."

So... it was important enough to clarify it wasn't a consulate the day of the event, but not important enough to include "missions" being beefed up when he gave orders? I guess we see now why this place had inadequate security to begin with. If it's not a consulate or an embassy, it ain't making the short list.
What a pathetically lame post this is!

I'll give you a mission.

John
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. Check out these posts back on 10/26 when you and Finn were both insisting it was a consulate. That's what I'd call pathetically lame.

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthr...t=4702&page=23
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What a pathetically lame post this is!
Indeed. Now the entire brouhaha shifts focus from not calling it terrorism soon enough (which Obama did in the Rose Garden, BTW) to the semantics of what you call a State Department cover for a CIA presence in Benghazi.

This whole Benghazi affair (from a GOP perspective) has nothing to do with the security of mission/consulate staff or any sort of presumed "cover-up" afterwards. It has everything to do with the GOP trying to tarnish Obama's foreign policy bona fides during the campaign morphing into trying to take him down a notch after him kicking their ass in the election. It's pretty shameless, IMHO, particularly with that sclerotic douchebag (McCain) and his milquetoast compatriot (Graham) leading the charge.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Speaking of McCain, I was very disappointed to see him talking about how America should have put troops in Syria. What troops? Who is gonna pay for it? There was a time I had some respect for the man, but his "best by" date has long since passed.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 PM

'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Speaking of McCain, I was very disappointed to see him talking about how America should have put troops in Syria. What troops? Who is gonna pay for it? There was a time I had some respect for the man, but his "best by" date has long since passed.
McCain had to sit out "his war" in the Hanoi Hilton. It rankles to this day.

John
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post

You must be easily amused, Wazi.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Resident octogenarian

Now just where did I put that dead horse smiley?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It'll be interesting to see if Obama nominates Susan Rice and, if so, whether McCain and Graham plan to filibuster it. If so, I have a feeling the Dems will be happy to watch a couple of grumpy, old white guys persecute a younger black woman. As often happens, the GOP is being forced into a self-destructive corner by Faux and Talk Radio.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Dead Americans are the issue. Inadaquate security is an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
'

McCain had to sit out "his war" in the Hanoi Hilton. It rankles to this day.

John
Yeah sitting out the war in that country club, he must've strained his arm there.

Pete