Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I thought a Hi Power had a decocker instead of a thumb safety.

Chas
The newer ones have a right and left hand thumb safety. You have to push it up though, and if you carry it much, it works it's way back down. I always find it off when I know I had it on. I just started carrying it not cocked (single action), but I can barely pull the hammer back with one thumb. I think it needs broken in some.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
The newer ones have a right and left hand thumb safety. You have to push it up though, and if you carry it much, it works it's way back down. I always find it off when I know I had it on. I just started carrying it not cocked (single action), but I can barely pull the hammer back with one thumb. I think it needs broken in some.
I'm not familiar with the new models. Only one's I've ever seen were SA/DA with the decocker.

Chas
Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I'm here, I just didn't feel the need to gloat about the election results. I had it figured about right, except for Harry Reid, I thought he was toast. So, that still leaves us with the dream team; Obama, Reid, and Pelosi. The thing I've found interesting since then is how many Dems have moved toward the center. I guess that's how this mess of a government works eh? All my local picks won easily, but then again, this is Kansas. Speaking of Kansas, I got my concealed carry permit. That means I can walk around with a fully loaded, cocked, and locked 9mm Browning Hi Power under my left armpit and nobody needs to know. It's a very comforting feeling.
I'll never understand feeling all warm and fuzzy because I have a gun to infuse me with testosterone.

enjoy
Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I'll never understand feeling all warm and fuzzy because I have a gun to infuse me with testosterone...
...until you shoot yourself in the balls.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
...until you shoot yourself in the balls.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I'm here, I just didn't feel the need to gloat about the election results. I had it figured about right, except for Harry Reid, I thought he was toast. So, that still leaves us with the dream team; Obama, Reid, and Pelosi. The thing I've found interesting since then is how many Dems have moved toward the center. I guess that's how this mess of a government works eh? All my local picks won easily, but then again, this is Kansas. Speaking of Kansas, I got my concealed carry permit. That means I can walk around with a fully loaded, cocked, and locked 9mm Browning Hi Power under my left armpit and nobody needs to know. It's a very comforting feeling.
I spent a week in Kansas last year. One of my brothers lives in McPherson. And we travelled to Hutch and Witchita. Of course one week isn't long enough to tell, but Kansas didn't seem very dangerous to me. Not compared to where I live, not by a long shot. But, hey, if it makes you feel safe....

Dave

Dave
Old 11-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I spent a week in Kansas last year. One of my brothers lives in McPherson. And we travelled to Hutch and Witchita. Of course one week isn't long enough to tell, but Kansas didn't seem very dangerous to me. Not compared to where I live, not by a long shot. But, hey, if it makes you feel safe....

Dave

Dave
I thought you were going to say that you spent a week in Kansas one day. Actually, I find people here very friendly and courteous (when they're not behind the wheel and/or obsessed with a cell phone). Sometimes it's almost a contest to see who gets to be the first one to open the door for someone else. Smiles are usually contagious. I have my own little contest when I deal with a grouchy store clerk or the like. I try to get a grin before I finish the checkout. It's pretty easy when you look goofy anyway.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Actually TD it was the Blue Dog Demos (you know, those Republicans in drag) that took the biggest hit.