Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I got past the paywall and read it. At least it didn't accuse Obama of being responsible for this phenomena as the Right has been claiming for the past 8 years. This problem, that the article says has been ongoing for several decades, was not a concern nor addressed by the conservative press during Dubya's 8 years of trashing the economy. For that matter, what has the GOP done and what does it plan to do for the less educated, never married, native born and African-American who suffer the most from this phenomena (other than incarcerate them)?
Furthermore, the BLS anticipates that the problem is likely to worsen in the coming years. They project that participation rate will drop from it's current 62.9% to 60.9% by 2024. This appears to be baked in to the trend toward automating some skilled labor jobs and moving others offshore.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:20 AM
Area Man

I have noticed that it is finally dawning on some of my non-union, southern countrymen that being non-union and southern does not necessarily protect them from being outsourced. Alas, the denizens of the boardroom really are insatiable. Well fancy that!

Tell me; What fool undertakes the errand of trying to satisfy the insatiable by reducing himself and others to peasantry?
Old 09-03-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
For that matter, what has the GOP done and what does it plan to do for the less educated, never married, native born and African-American who suffer the most from this phenomena (other than incarcerate them)?
Since you're throwing stones, maybe you can tell me how the current occupant of the White House has done?
Old 09-03-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I have noticed that it is finally dawning on some of my non-union, southern countrymen that being non-union and southern does not necessarily protect them from being outsourced. Alas, the denizens of the boardroom really are insatiable. Well fancy that!

Tell me; What fool undertakes the errand of trying to satisfy the insatiable by reducing himself and others to peasantry?
Nor does being in a union and northern.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Since you're throwing stones, maybe you can tell me how the current occupant of the White House has done?
Not much, although significantly more than the GOP.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

All he could given the GOP's obstructionism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
All he could given the GOP's obstructionism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another off the shelf response. The GOP has given Obama nearly free reign. The first two years the didn't have the votes to stop the Dems on anything. Later, the GOP dumped the Speaker of the House because he was perceived as too cozy with Obama, got a new Speaker, and that one has been busy staying out of the Dems way as well.

Sorry, but Obama has gotten most of his agenda pushed through, including a $1 Trillion stimulus which was supposed to get the economy going again (remember the summer of growth that never happened?). And his biggest obstacle in his first term was likely with the left flank of his own party, particularly on healthcare reform.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Ready

You posts are worthless, whell. So far spun from reality as to constitute disinformation.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Loyal Opposition

Can't you see that it is Obama's fault that the baby boomers are reaching retirement age. Those death panels turned out to be worthless.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Admin

Quote:
Another off the shelf response. The GOP has given Obama nearly free reign. The first two years the didn't have the votes to stop the Dems on anything. Later, the GOP dumped the Speaker of the House because he was perceived as too cozy with Obama, got a new Speaker, and that one has been busy staying out of the Dems way as well.

Sorry, but Obama has gotten most of his agenda pushed through, including a $1 Trillion stimulus which was supposed to get the economy going again (remember the summer of growth that never happened?). And his biggest obstacle in his first term was likely with the left flank of his own party, particularly on healthcare reform.
Speaking of "off the shelf" responses. It was much less than two years. The Republicans refused to seat Al Franken, for one thing.