Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Right now I don't care less who is to blame. It is the solution I want to see.

According to last night, Obama's plan "might" cut up to 1.5 trillion over the next ten(IIRC) years. The GOP is saying they will 6.2 trillion in the next four.
$150B a year which is very little given his massive increases over the last couple of years. How about rolling back to 2003 levels? I don't recall all the dire consequences happening back then.

Quote:
What he GOP didn't say is what they would cut to get that level. I am sure it isn't defense. I also bet they are not going to raise taxes. That leaves mostly medicare, medicaid, SS, unemployment, and welfare programs to be cut. I have balanced many buidgets in my day. I cannot see a 6.2 trillion change without MASSIVE cuts. So they are either lying, or they are lying.
Where is all the money going that Obama has spent over the last 2.5 years?

Quote:
I might be able to believe Obama's plan if he would just give a high level outline or something on it.
He can't give any detail because he doesn't really have a plan. He's all about smoke and mirrors and demagoguery. Thus, making Obama look good and his political opposition look bad. There is no low too low for Obama and his minions. Recently, Sheila Jackson Lee pulled out the race card over the debt limit. Recall all the hoopla over the downgrade threats from Moody and S&P and the talking heads spreading fear last week. These are the same idiots that failed to notice anything wrong in the mortgage industry and banking in 2008. The world isn't going to end and SS checks are not going to stop if the debt limit isn't extended.

Also, remember that this problem exists because of the direlict of duty by the Pelosi controlled house. Obama is also complicit for not putting pressure on Congress to get a budget done in a timely manner. You also may recall that Obama himself refused to vote in favor of a debt limit increase for the Bush administration.

When your budget is 175% of your estimated revenue, I'd say you have a severe spending problem. That coupled with a simultaneous shrinking revenue source caused by Obama's fear and uncertainty campaign against business and you have an intractable problem. I can easily envision a financial vortex, much like a toilet bowl, sucking the vitality out of the populace if the Obama regime gets its way.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
$150B a year which is very little given his massive increases over the last couple of years. How about rolling back to 2003 levels? I don't recall all the dire consequences happening back then.

Where is all the money going that Obama has spent over the last 2.5 years?

He can't give any detail because he doesn't really have a plan. He's all about smoke and mirrors and demagoguery. Thus, making Obama look good and his political opposition look bad. There is no low too low for Obama and his minions. Recently, Sheila Jackson Lee pulled out the race card over the debt limit. Recall all the hoopla over the downgrade threats from Moody and S&P and the talking heads spreading fear last week. These are the same idiots that failed to notice anything wrong in the mortgage industry and banking in 2008. The world isn't going to end and SS checks are not going to stop if the debt limit isn't extended.

Also, remember that this problem exists because of the direlict of duty by the Pelosi controlled house. Obama is also complicit for not putting pressure on Congress to get a budget done in a timely manner. You also may recall that Obama himself refused to vote in favor of a debt limit increase for the Bush administration.

When your budget is 175% of your estimated revenue, I'd say you have a severe spending problem. That coupled with a simultaneous shrinking revenue source caused by Obama's fear and uncertainty campaign against business and you have an intractable problem. I can easily envision a financial vortex, much like a toilet bowl, sucking the vitality out of the populace if the Obama regime gets its way.
Anyone else see a problem with this post?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Anyone else see a problem with this post?
I premise everything on Obama's peculiar trend towards obfuscation. The transparent administration it is not. I currently know of no detailed plan on a budget compromise from Obama—just his typical scare tactics. That is not inconsistent with his administration's underlying goal to usurp power and centralize that power at the federal level. There are two things going on here. One might be called his budgetary tactics and the other his regime's strategic or underlying philosophy.

Last edited by bhunter; 07-18-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Resident octogenarian

But you keep saying "Obama spent", sorry bh it is the House that holds the purse strings.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-18-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

This issue is being demagogued to death.

Both sides know there's no way we're going to default. It's all 'brinkmanship', AKA bs.

However all Obama has been doing is say, 'what are you going to cut?' and scaring the seniors, nary a peep about the lefts' plans. If what they did in Ohio is any indication they're just going to bury their head in the sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
How about tie 'em in chairs and beat the shit out of them with a baseball bat?

Chas
LOL! If they sold turns with the bats they might make a dent in the debt

Pete
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
But you keep saying "Obama spent", sorry bh it is the House that holds the purse strings.
Do you really think that Obamacare, Stimulus, et al would have occurred without Obama leading the charge. Yes, technically The House has the purse strings, but a President has quite a bit of power over what does and does not get through.

Further, since the left likes to cackle about the cost of "Bush's wars" wouldn't your suggestion place the blame on The House because they hold the purse strings?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Resident octogenarian

Well there is one thing that makes it look bad currently, Bush ran the war off budget so things looked better than they were. Obama put it on budget where it belongs.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:53 PM

I've given this a certain amount of consideration, and have come to the conclusion that it is:

POLITICS

AS

USUAL.

They've just added some chimpanzees on unicycles to liven up the dog and pony show.

So long as we're all busy blaming one another, the the big boys can take their time stealing our hubcaps out in the parking lot.

Seems like I said something about tying people in chairs and baseball bats???

Chas
Old 07-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Chimpanzees on unicycles? Best. Government. Ever. Beats feeding Christians to the lions. Please take my money!

Pete
Old 07-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Resident octogenarian

No no, best gummint money can buy.