Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:30 PM

"Grilling Out"

I bring this up because upon arriving home I was met by the luxuriant odor of lighter fluid and charcoal wafting over the back fence.

I do not see the attraction to outdoor cooking - at least not here in this climate.

Bugs, humidity, bugs, charred food, bugs.

Man spent thousands of years struggling to get out of the forest and eat in peace away from the elements. I'm not going back.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
I bring this up because upon arriving home I was met by the luxuriant odor of lighter fluid and charcoal wafting over the back fence.

I do not see the attraction to outdoor cooking - at least not here in this climate.

Man spent thousands of years struggling to get out of the forest and eat in peace away from the elements. I'm not going back.
You surprise me. Your love of BMW and your distaste for outdoor cooking suggest you and I have similar attitudes...but then your hard core politics.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
You surprise me. Your love of BMW and your distaste for outdoor cooking suggest you and I have similar attitudes...but then your hard core politics.
I am really not hard core at all - I am a gab, and at times overdo it (don't we all).

I agree with many of the initiatives from the Democratic side to help the less fortunate. I also believe in accounting for every dollar we send to the people responsible for administering any and all initiatives.

The money wasted (and just outright lost) is staggering and criminal. Real oversight and accounting of defense, domestic, and foreign affairs budgets would save so much we could fund every program out there and have money left over. It would take guts, a steel will, and the knowledge you would have no friends and many enemies. There is a lot of graft - a WHOLE lot of graft.

It just seems like common sense to me.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Ready

Quote:
I am really not hard core at all - I am a gab, and at times overdo it (don't we all).

I agree with many of the initiatives from the Democratic side to help the less fortunate. I also believe in accounting for every dollar we send to the people responsible for administering any and all initiatives.

The money wasted (and just outright lost) is staggering and criminal. Real oversight and accounting of defense, domestic, and foreign affairs budgets would save so much we could fund every program out there and have money left over. It would take guts, a steel will, and the knowledge you would have no friends and many enemies. There is a lot of graft - a WHOLE lot of graft.

It just seems like common sense to me.
Washington operates with two kinds of auditing: lightweight, and completely fake.

Business would be the same*, if the government didn't pass laws and jail people who cook the books. But there's no meta-government to do that to the government.

* well, mostly. Except business does need some accurate data to keep from going broke. Government doesn't have that problem.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Washington operates with two kinds of auditing: lightweight, and completely fake.

Business would be the same*, if the government didn't pass laws and jail people who cook the books. But there's no meta-government to do that to the government.

* well, mostly. Except business does need some accurate data to keep from going broke. Government doesn't have that problem.
Well, we have to keep at it. We will never root it all out, but there just are no words in the English language to adequately convey the criminality of the corruption in DC - gov. and business.

The ramifications of the pilfering affect us all, and the those with the least are denied the most.

I have always hated thieves.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:40 PM

I guess we have strayed off "shrimp on the barbie."
Old 05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I guess we have strayed off "shrimp on the barbie."
And thus, your introduction to PC is complete.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-12-2015, 05:34 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:

I agree, the insects heat and humidity make cooking out miserable in these parts.

And what is the biggest cook out day of the year? The Fucking Fourth of July for Christ sake! One of the hottest, humidest, bug infested days of the whole year!

I just don't get it.

Today, I'm heading down to Florida for my 50th High School reunion.

Know what the event they have scheduled for tommorrow afternoon is?

A Goddamned Fucking Picnic in the Park, that's what!

With the forecasted high in the 90's!

Really looking forward to that!

Sweat popping out of my forehead like BB's and drippin out of my armpits and down my sides, swatin flys away from my food and gnats away from my eyes and ears.

It's gonna be fucking awesome!

Last edited by Tom Joad; 05-12-2015 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Ready

Fourth of July customs were established by our ancestors, in places like upstate New York. You have a cookout on the 4th, of course, and you go to the picnic grounds BY THE LAKE. Natural air conditioning.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

Today, I'm heading down to Florida for my 50th High School reunion.
I have never been to a high school reunion - a disproportionate number of my former classmates passed away in their prime. Drugs, mostly - f*&k the '60s.