Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Again, BS. When the banking industry collapsed, they stopped lending money, and businesses failed with it. The main reason GM went down the crapper and Ford didn't was that Ford had borrowed a ton of cash before the credit disappeared, while GM had strong cash reserves, but not enough to be ready for a collapse like that. So they ran out of their own money and for the first time ever, banks weren't lending anything.
I like the way you started by warning us that what followed was BS. The banking industry didn't collapse, us taxpayers made sure of it. They just quit risky lending because it became uncertain we'd bail them out again. Banks will loan money whenever it's certain they'll profit from doing so. People with collateral can go get a loan any time they want.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
They just quit risky lending because it became uncertain we'd bail them out again. Banks will loan money whenever it's certain they'll profit from doing so. People with collateral can go get a loan any time they want.

This post is incorrect.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
What doesn't work is when we pay people enough in aid that they have the choice not to work for anyone.
Bull, for once I'ld like to see something, anything to back it up.
Quote:
High unemployment isn't caused by irresponsible banks, it's caused by poor policies and too much regulation.
Really? Is that what you think? Back up your logic, just being repetitive doesn't add weight to an argument.
Quote:
The banking industry didn't collapse, us taxpayers made sure of it. They just quit risky lending because it became uncertain we'd bail them out again. Banks will loan money whenever it's certain they'll profit from doing so. People with collateral can go get a loan any time they want.
Toothfairy economics.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I like the way you started by warning us that what followed was BS. The banking industry didn't collapse, us taxpayers made sure of it. They just quit risky lending because it became uncertain we'd bail them out again. Banks will loan money whenever it's certain they'll profit from doing so. People with collateral can go get a loan any time they want.
At 1% interest, not hardly, they make more profit fiddling with the Fed.