Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You just described most of his voters..
Uh, there are some middle aged, working, or retired white males right here in this forum that might tell you otherwise.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post

So, did he actullay DO anything to help that town and it's people? Or did he just make a music video, then leave telling them to stop bitching and get off of their lazy asses on the way out?

Sorry, but back when I was a Republican, I loved this guy too. Went to several of his concerts, had a big time. But after I grew up, I realized that good ole' Bocephus is a phony mo**er fu**er riding his Daddys coat-tails just like the rest of them.

Have a Great Day!

Dave
Old 11-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
What stupidity.

Why is the GOP so anti eduction/pro greed?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Gotta disagree. Obama received the "educated suburban" vote.

just sayin'

He did but IMO he won due to the inner city which far outnumbers the suburbanite vote.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Uh, there are some middle aged, working, or retired white males right here in this forum that might tell you otherwise.
I said most, not all.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
He did but IMO he won due to the inner city which far outnumbers the suburbanite vote.
But that vote is always Dem. It is the suburban vote that generally decides elections.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Of course some of us expected improved international standing, which we got; healthcare reform, which the GOP is doing everything they can to prevent; an economic stimulus plan that included repairs to the national infrastructure, which is underway; and a president who was not beholden to corporate America, which appears to be the case, but we still have a congress who is.

Now what did the Bush voters expect???

Regards,

D-Ray
It appears to me that he has insulted the Brits, the French, and now the Germans. Not to mention pulling the rug out from under our friends in the Balkans.

To his credit, he is addressing health care, but there may be better ways to skin this particular cat. I'll pin this one on the Congress's ass.

I have no problem with repairing the infrastructure, but I do have concerns about the stimulus packages. I realize that deficit spending is considered the proper response for for a recession, but it appears that deficit spending keeps rising, and recessions keep coming closer together. Perhaps Ludwig von Mises has a point on deficit spending.

And when I look at Cap and Trade, with all it's sponsors from the banks, Wall Street, and the likes of GE...it doesn't look as though he has completely thrown off the corporate shackles.

And as a Bush voter (less of two evils IMHO), what did I expect. Pretty much what I'm seeing.

Chas
Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 PM

To answer the original question, I would put a two year freeze on all congressional spending (with the exception of obvious needs), cop wages, unemployment and such. Eliminate income taxes for the same period. Breakup any company who's collapse could affect the global economy. Set term limits to two years and kill all the lawyers.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well there were a couple of victories for common sense in the recent elections. Seems this anti tax group called TABOR tried referendums in Maine and Washington State to cap taxes (think California's Prop 13) and both were defeated. Left poor old Grover* Norquist gnashing his teeth. Apparently the voters decided their schools and infrastructure were more important.

* Just now realized how appropriate his name is though I like the one from Sesame Street better.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
And as a Bush voter (less of two evils IMHO), what did I expect. Pretty much what I'm seeing.
Chas
Indeed.

Pete