Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 PM

a solution to gang violence

make membership in a gang a class a felony.

make posession of a firearm by gang members a class a felony

enforce these laws above all other concerns to the longest prison terms that can be sought.

now befor you all start in on how i want to round up the poor disadvantaged folks. arrest the white gang members first and give them sentences 10 times worse than any other. use the army to do this its the only way.

oh but they are just poor kids who dont see any other way to live you say. i dont know why there are poor folks except because every time mankind has had a chance to learn the pope or imam or fucking jim jones has messed it up.

humans are violent animals and none of us not one deserve a next breath. so worring about who we offend is crazy lets just fix the mess or die.

the choice is ours
Old 07-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
make membership in a gang a class a felony
Is the Tea Party a gang?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:52 PM

it should be. but im very serious about this we have to do something the city on the south is comming apart
Old 07-02-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post

OOH!! I like this! Once we establish this as precedent we can turn our attention to the REAL problem. We can make membership in the Republican Party, The Tea Party, Federalist Society and the NRA illegal. We can also make possession of a firearm by members of these "gangs" illegal. This is gonna be great!

Quote:
use the army to do this its the only way.
Posse Comitatus.

Quote:
humans are violent animals and none of us not one deserve a next breath. so worring about who we offend is crazy lets just fix the mess or die.

the choice is ours
You must live a very lonely life.

John
Old 07-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:

enforce these laws above all other concerns to the longest prison terms that can be sought.

now befor you all start in on how i want to round up the poor disadvantaged folks. arrest the white gang members first and give them sentences 10 times worse than any other. use the army to do this its the only way.

oh but they are just poor kids who dont see any other way to live you say. i dont know why there are poor folks except because every time mankind has had a chance to learn the pope or imam or fucking jim jones has messed it up.

the choice is ours
If you think it through you will quickley see that this would not help. I do understand your frustrtion however.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
If you think it through you will quickley see that this would not help. I do understand your frustrtion however.
explain how this wont work if done quickley.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
explain how this wont work if done quickley.
I have to run out but I;ll try and ansewer you later.

Beautiful day here, how's the heartland today?
Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I have to run out but I;ll try and ansewer you later.

Beautiful day here, how's the heartland today?
perfect weather and its erins b day we are looking fwd to three full days together and a great 4th

let us wish you and yours the same
Old 07-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Why pick on the white folks? 10 time heavier sentences than non whites? I can think of no better way to stoke up the fires than such heavy handed racism. Before you go off bang, racism is how it will be perceived by the parents of white kids who get ten years for the same crime that would put a black kid away for one year.

How to deal with street gangs? Heavy handed doesn't work; this was proved in Victorian London when parts of the East End were ruled by gangs. This at a time when you could be deported for minor crimes and hung for about anything else. The phrase "may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" was literal. It didn't matter how hungry your children were, poaching could get you hung. I think it was about this time that the Riot Act was passed. If there was a perceived threat by the authorities that a gathering could get unruly, an officer of the Court could 'Read the Riot Act' and demand that a crowd disperse. If it didn't, the militia could (and sometimes did) shoot to kill.

I understand where you're coming from. Gang violence; crazy people with no sense of social responsibility. There's nothing new about this; parents anesthetizing themselves on Rotgut Gin while their children starve. Here's an example from way back when.

http://www.adnax.com/views/viewsoflo...aracters02.htm

So what to do? Warn gang members once? If there's a second time, shoot them? It works; you've only to see Iran and North Korea to see it works but would you want to live there, or impose these conditions on your country?

There has to be a balance that's seen to be fair. Would cutting the high profile obscene payments made to corporate leaders and bankers help? It would look good, but set against the national debt it would be like pissing in a lake. We've drifted a bit from your "hit them hard" approach but I hope you see what I mean. Whatever is done, it has to be seen to be fair by at least 90% of the people or it just isn't going to work.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
You must live a very lonely life.

John
He's not lonely, he's afraid.

And now, to me, a worthless troll.