Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Abby Normal

the Amish rule
Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
the Amish rule
It's their tech savvy, that puts them on top.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
the Amish rule
Well they make darn nice barns.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I've met a few amish, there is a lot of them not far from me and they worked on my house.

Always pleasant. But like anyone theres better and worse.

I'm walking down my drive while they were siding my house and I can hear them talking. Almost a different language, so heavy accent.

I hear 'Ezikiel, Jeramiah, blah blah blah, shit! blah blah blah f*ck! blah blah.....

I stopped and listened hard but nothing so I figured it was my imagination. But as time passed I learned it wasn't. They don't take the Lords name in vain though, I didn't hear it once.

At an auction last weekend there was a bunch of them buying the garage and barn stuff by the cubic foot (less than an hour away. I love Ohio). Their families were with them. They dress their kids like little adults, cute as all get out, the boys wearing thin hand sewn denim and round straw hats with rubber boots, the girls wearing black dresses/cloaks with the old fashioned black hat thingies and rubber boots, even the babies

Pete
Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I've met a few amish, there is a lot of them not far from me and they worked on my house. Always pleasant.
This place is right down the road from my office. The Lancaster County Dutch Market is open all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Amish are driven down here by a hired van for their 3 day weekly market. The meats, baked goods, etc. are all from Amish family farms in Lancaster County, PA. It's a great place to pick up meat, produce, cut flowers, etc. The people there are all Amish, very pleasant, honest and polite.

http://www.lcdutchmarket.com/
Old 04-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Always with a wave and a smile

They also volunteered at a, um, juvenile facility I was once invited to join for a time.

Pete
Old 04-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well they make darn nice barns.
And cheese! Also like their Maple Syrup.

Dave
Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I've met a few amish, there is a lot of them not far from me and they worked on my house.

Always pleasant. But like anyone theres better and worse.

I'm walking down my drive while they were siding my house and I can hear them talking. Almost a different language, so heavy accent.

I hear 'Ezikiel, Jeramiah, blah blah blah, shit! blah blah blah f*ck! blah blah.....

I stopped and listened hard but nothing so I figured it was my imagination. But as time passed I learned it wasn't. They don't take the Lords name in vain though, I didn't hear it once.

At an auction last weekend there was a bunch of them buying the garage and barn stuff by the cubic foot (less than an hour away. I love Ohio). Their families were with them. They dress their kids like little adults, cute as all get out, the boys wearing thin hand sewn denim and round straw hats with rubber boots, the girls wearing black dresses/cloaks with the old fashioned black hat thingies and rubber boots, even the babies

Pete
Weirdos always gave me the creeps. Kind of like a cross between the Stepford Wives and Children of the Corn. But, they're peaceful people, so who cares. It's their life, they can live it as they see fit.

And, they do make awesome cheese, and do nice work when building things.
Can't take that away.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-06-2011 at 10:50 AM.