Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka Sahib View Post
Congressman Gohmert is full of crap. Like all politicized Christians, he passes more gas than gospel. If there is anything that can be gleaned from the intent of the framers of the Constitution, it is that the United States was founded on secular principles and not religious doctrine. The founding fathers well knew that the separation of church and state was the only way to preserve religious freedom. Religious wars had been waged in Europe over its union; and, indeed, some of the first colonists, the Pilgrims, came to America to escape state-sponsored religious persecution. The right to worship freely, without government interference, is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution, and not by God. It is time that people of faith reconcile themselves with this fundamental fact.
I fully agree with you, and I think that the majority of people of faith would agree as well.

But it's easy to find the least desirables of any group, they are the one's who are so cock sure of themselves that they feel the necessity of invoking their opinions in the loudest manner possible.

I'm not a broad brush sort of person, and try not to judge the dog by it's fleas.

The majority of people are pretty reasonable, otherwise society wouldn't function at all.

Chas
Old 07-16-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Yes Sahib and what did the Pilgims do after landing but persecute near about everyone in sight.
I suppose they were playing catch up ball with the Spanish.

Chas
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I fully agree with you, and I think that the majority of people of faith would agree as well.

But it's easy to find the least desirables of any group, they are the one's who are so cock sure of themselves that they feel the necessity of invoking their opinions in the loudest manner possible.

I'm not a broad brush sort of person, and try not to judge the dog by it's fleas.

The majority of people are pretty reasonable, otherwise society wouldn't function at all.

Chas
There you go being all reasonable & bipartisan, Chas. I'd throw all three of my votes your way if you wanted to run for office.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

"And when you pray go into your closet and pray to your Father in secret and He will reward you openly. I say unto you those that pray loudly on the street corners, they have their reward." Matthew (if memory serves)

Last edited by merrylander; 07-17-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Area Man

Quote:
I think you will find that the tears shed at funerals are for the survivors out of regret for the things they never said to the deceased but wished they had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Funerals aren't for the dead.

Chas
Ever been to an African-American funeral? The funeral service is very sad, with plenty o' wailing and women fainting. Funerals are for mourning, an outpouring of your sadness.

But, the wake is a HUGE party, music, dancing, singing.........

Because passing into heaven from this life is considered something to celebrate.

There are some things we white folks could stand to learn from our dark skinned cousins.

Dave
Old 07-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Ever been to an African-American funeral? The funeral service is very sad, with plenty o' wailing and women fainting. Funerals are for mourning, an outpouring of your sadness.

But, the wake is a HUGE party, music, dancing, singing.........

Because passing into heaven from this life is considered something to celebrate.

There are some things we white folks could stand to learn from our dark skinned cousins.

Dave
Odd, because as a family we have always felt that was exactly wht the deceased had done, left this earth with all its pain and gone peacefully to Heaven. Though I confess to having strayed from that path at one time.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Odd, because as a family we have always felt that was exactly wht the deceased had done, left this earth with all its pain and gone peacefully to Heaven. Though I confess to having strayed from that path at one time.
At times I get emotional at the loss of a loved one, but after further consideration I've realized that I'm simply crying because I have to deal with the loss because I'm still here.

To be completely honest, when the Good Lord calls me home...he won't have to say it a second time.

Chas
Old 07-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

'Lord build me a cabin in the corner, of glory land'

'All my friends, that I loved yesterday, have gone home, gone home'

Pete
Old 07-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTk5Z_iZ69I

Pete
Old 07-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Resident octogenarian

Hey no, not us we are in no hurry to leave, we are still on the honeymoon.