Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Oddly enough they are still building large houses here and selling them to boot. Our place increased by $10,000 in the last 45 days.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Oddly enough they are still building large houses here and selling them to boot. Our place increased by $10,000 in the last 45 days.
Might be time to "sell high, buy low".

You could still but a whole county down in Southern Missouri or Arkansas with that kind of mullah.

Down there where "the chickens fornicate with the hoot owls".

God's country. Neighbor gives you problems? "He needed killin'" is still grounds for justifible homicide in them parts.

Just kiddin'. Rockaway Beach is pretty cool, kinda of seedy, on Lake Taneycomo, close to Forsyth and Springfield. Buy a 5K boat and go trout fishing every day.

Only downside is Branson is 15 miles East. Just don't go 15 miles East. Go five miles West, you're on Bull Shoals, and most likely the only boat there. I'd recommend a kicker.

I'd do it myself, but by the time I hang around here and see both sides of the family to the grave, I'll be too old.

Hell, odds are they'll see me to the grave. Pricks are ruining my good time.

Chas
Old 12-05-2009, 12:15 AM

Markertek is up. I'm sure everybody likes a panic story. I think my auto parts vendor is doing well too, at least the Volvo parts. The old ones are a freaking gold mine in this financial train wreck. fcpgroton.com

Last edited by devoid; 12-05-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

Chas if I was to sell this place we would be heading for Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. Watching Congress scares the hell out of me.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Chas if I was to sell this place we would be heading for Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. Watching Congress scares the hell out of me.
Can't say as I blame you, but....

have you considered Ecuador?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...to-retire.aspx

Anyway, adios you mucks, I'm off the the Caribbean with my loving wife. I suppose that living with me for 25 yrs without smothering me in my sleep is worth humoring her for a week.

Chas
Old 12-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Resident octogenarian

We did look at the island off the coast of Spain once, Florence speaks the language and it might be close enough to French that I could pick it up. Back in the70s I was able to get where I wanted with cab drivers in Madrid who spoke no English.

Safe trip and relax big time.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Area Man

Our numbers are still down from what they were a few years ago. But I'm certain that that's due more to some stunningly bad decisions at OUR level, and really doesn't have anything to do with the gov't or the general economy.

I am in the coffee manufacturing and packaging business. Green beans in one end of the plant, fully packaged coffee out the other. Currently, about 750,000 pounds a day. We make some of Americas oldest and well known brands. Our coffee is sold around the globe.

Dave
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Administrator

I'm back around, after a somewhat long hiatus......

Business for me has just started to get into swing, here at work.....not sure if it's holiday volume, or the fact that people are actually buying cars. For the first time in many months, I may actually see a bonus.....IF things keep up the way they are now.

I've been busy in the garage, working every night until bedtime and beyond, working on snowblowers. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't, but the common denominator for me is aching arms, greasy hands, and the ability to eat.

Things have gotten worse for me financially than I think they ever have, but I'm surviving. I'll be back around a bit more, as I decided once and for all to not only fight strong to survive, but have a life to survive for
Old 12-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Area Man

Glad to see things are coming around a bit for you Kamakiri. So, I take it you work in the auto industry?

Dave
Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Resident octogenarian

You will make it Tim, I'll put in a good word with the man upstairs.