Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazygrrl View Post
Well there you go... the above does say a lot, especially about objectivity (or the lack there of). It seems for you, there can be no arguments, no instances, nothing at all, that anyone with a liberal bent or heaven forbid a Democrat politician, could ever be wrong. Congressman Welch called Biden out, you crusade to defend Biden and his cohorts. Even Biden admitted, later, that he made those statements in several interviews. Welch also spoke of other similar questionable statements. Are all of them "spin" or fabrication? I think not. According to you, Welch has to be wrong because he isn't a Democrat, that he has to put right-wing "spin" on it. There was no spin in the video, he just asked for civility and pointed out that what was said was inappropriate.

Regardless, it is plain wrong to even assert that a group of sworn elected representatives, members of Congress, "negotiate like terrorists". That is wrong, on so many levels. Those that defend this outrageous behavior, due to ideology or other reasons, should really ask themselves some serious questions about personal ethics and morality. I just wonder, how you would have reacted if it were Republicans proclaiming that Democrats negotiated like "terrorists". Frankly Sir, it would surprise me fundamentally if you would then defend the Republican's behavior with the same vigor that you do Joe Biden and his Democrats. I cannot even remotely fathom, that you would.

The Vice President of the United States has to be held to a higher standard than Joe Schmoe. Even if he made these statements in private, concerning elected officials, members of Congress all, then there is a serious problem. Joe Biden, as you have previously pointed out, has a problem with making inappropriate statements. That simply does not excuse his unbecoming behavior, regardless of the fact that there is a (D) in front of his name.

Watch out, you're letting you emotions get the best of you. It is even causing you to misrepresent what I say. I am not on a crusade, I am engaged in calling spin spin. It is dishonest to say that an alleged comment against a group of political negotiators is a comment about an entire movement of citizens. There was spin in the video - the spin is that Welch whined that he had been called a terrorist, and that he like others have tried to do, wanted to take the alleged criticism of negotiating techniques to a much broader meaning. That dishonesty is what I have been challenging, and what I will continue to challenge.

Maybe we should highlight an outrageous comment. "The people who are threatening not to pass the debt ceiling are our version of al Qaeda terrorists. Really,"

What wild-eyed American-hating Democrat said that? Oops, it wasn't a Democrat, but George Bush's treasury secretary, Paul Oneill.

Regards,

D-Ray