Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
You won't shut up about anything and you know it. Lol

Besides your a troll.... I'm a troll.... All Internet posters are trolls....

See how that works..... You take the actions of some and you attribute those actions to all in the group.

By the way..... You might want to look up the word, "sarcasm".
The only pleasant interactions I have had with cops are British cops. They are friendly, they're used to diffusing situations rather than escalating them and they don't carry guns. In fact I can't recall a bad interaction in my 24 years there. Now you may say it's because they don't carry guns and neither do the criminals. But carrying a gun gives you less reason to feel defensive and get all aggressive, no?

The last time I had an interaction with an American cop was when he ran towards me and started screaming at me. Apparently I was walking past a spot where they were shooting a movie and had not heard him call out from 200 feet away. This of course was reason enough for him to scream at me, with eyes bulging all manner of hateful things. I count myself lucky because he ran towards me with his legs and screamed at me, rather than take the lazy way out by shooting me to death and then saying I went for his gun.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
You won't shut up about anything and you know it. Lol

Besides your a troll.... I'm a troll.... All Internet posters are trolls....

See how that works..... You take the actions of some and you attribute those actions to all in the group.

By the way..... You might want to look up the word, "sarcasm".
You're just miffed because you painted yourself into a corner by implying that good deeds can cancel out an act of murder.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:49 PM

US cops kill more people in a month with guns than the U.K has in a century.

U.S. police killed 111 people in March 2015

U.K. police killed 69 people from 1900-present.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:52 PM

Cops shoot depressed drunk guy in bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
You're just miffed because you painted yourself into a corner by implying that good deeds can cancel out an act of murder.

I did not imply that good deeds cancel out a murder. I never said anything like that.

I simply pointed out that it isn't popular to speak of good cops these days.

Don't put your words into my mouth.

Last edited by barbara; 05-28-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Yep..... Definitely not popular to report any good cop stories. Cause.... You know.... All cops are just awful. Just like all Internet forum posters are trolls....
Barbara, with all due respect, this is yet another cop killing of an unarmed man in his own bed. BTW, a knife is no longer lethal when you walk in with a loaded assault weapon. So let's not have "I felt threatened excuse".

So IMO, this is not yet another bad cop story.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Barbara, with all due respect, this is yet another cop killing of an unarmed man in his own bed. BTW, a knife is no longer lethal when you walk in with a loaded assault weapon. So let's not have "I felt threatened excuse".

So IMO, this is not yet another bad cop story.

Beam..... I'm not defending the cop in this situation.

What I am doing is pointing out that there are good cops and bad cops. We've heard a lot about the bad cops lately. And, considering what has been going on.... Justifiably so.

However.... There comes a point when the rhetoric starts to include ALL cops as being bad. And, I just don't think it is fair to paint any group with that broad of brush.

I try to look at each case individually to determine if actions on the part of law enforcement were justified or not. In some cases, I have agreed with law enforcement, others I haven't.

Like I said earlier..... My bad..... Stories about good cops just aren't popular these days. But..... I won't apologize for not labeling all cops as bad because of the actions of some cops.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Beam..... I'm not defending the cop in this situation.

What I am doing is pointing out that there are good cops and bad cops. We've heard a lot about the bad cops lately. And, considering what has been going on.... Justifiably so.

However.... There comes a point when the rhetoric starts to include ALL cops as being bad. And, I just don't think it is fair to paint any group with that broad of brush.

I try to look at each case individually to determine if actions on the part of law enforcement were justified or not. In some cases, I have agreed with law enforcement, others I haven't.

Like I said earlier..... My bad..... Stories about good cops just aren't popular these days. But..... I won't apologize for not labeling all cops as bad because of the actions of some cops.
What I find unconscionable is that all cops, and I do mean all, circle the wagons, resort to cop-speak and do believe that every, and I mean every cop killing is justified.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
What I find unconscionable is that all cops, and I do mean all, circle the wagons, resort to cop-speak and do believe that every, and I mean every cop killing is justified.

With all due respect.... I just can't agree with that statement.

I think some cops keep their opinions to them self for their own reasons and those we hear from are amplified by the media.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
With all due respect.... I just can't agree with that statement.

I think some cops keep their opinions to them self for their own reasons and those we hear from are amplified by the media.
I can only form my conclusion based on what I hear, or in this case, what I don't hear. So let's agree to disagree.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I can only form my conclusion based on what I hear, or in this case, what I don't hear. So let's agree to disagree.

Agree to disagree.....

(You are taking your chances here, having a legitimate and civil discussion with a troll.... Lol)