Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawDawg View Post
Yes Sir, I've read that, some do....many of my contemporaries agree with me. I believe our world is getting worse....big problem with drugs (Prescription pain pills mostly) but meth is still around and heroin is making a reemergence in TN.....

As with most things, Bob, what other people think is a small part of my psyche....(I wouldn't walk naked thru the middle of Knoxville or wear white shoes after Labor day) but what I see a lot of is people who are the least able to protect themselves being the victim,,,the elderly, the small, women, kids, etc...
If you're frightened in Knoxville, you are perhaps one of the biggest pussies in east Tennessee.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I would MUCH rather see a home invader or rapist laying there dead as opposed to the homeowner.....
We all would, unfortunately it's just not that simple. The more guns, the more danger.

The answer is not to arm more dopes, it is to take the guns from the criminals (and dopes)
Old 06-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Admin

This may surprise you LawDawg but I'd like to see more cops and I'd like to see them out of their cruisers as much as is practical.

BTW, what's your first name, if you don't mind me asking. Calling you Bubba or Jethro just doesn't seem right.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I guess you really believe this crap. Lot's of people do. It is soothing to think if you carry a gun you can defend yourself and family...maybe neighbor too but it's nonsense.

If I want your money and I have a gun, you are defenseless with or without a gun. Your gun will only makes things worse if you are stupid enough to go for it.
noonreal, this is a real statement and not a smart aleck comeback....I hope and pray that you and your family NEVER experience a rape, murder, home invasion, etc....and yep. You're right. I believe it.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
We all would, unfortunately it's just not that simple. The more guns, the more danger.

The answer is not to arm more dopes, it is to take the guns from the criminals (and dopes)
That's my point. The gangbangers are not going to turn in their weapons because they are not "legally" allowed to own/carry....why deny the law abiding to protect themselves from the non law abiding?

Let's say Obama declared martial law and told everybody to turn in their guns....I'd say a lot of people would comply.....how many criminals would be among that number?
Old 06-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
This may surprise you LawDawg but I'd like to see more cops and I'd like to see them out of their cruisers as much as is practical.

BTW, what's your first name, if you don't mind me asking. Calling you Bubba or Jethro just doesn't seem right.
My name is Gary....but, LawDawg has been my nick name since shortly after the movie Tombstone came out.....
Old 06-02-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
My name is Gary....but, LawDawg has been my nick name since shortly after the movie Tombstone came out.....
noonreal, you can refer to me as pussy.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:

You're referring to "Community Policing." There are divisions in a lot of large Metropolitan Departments whose job is to attend Neighborhood Watch meetings, assist in creating them, talk to school assemblies....

Bicycle patrols are good for that...the officers are "more approachable" on a bike than in a patrol car....my dept (somewhat small) has 4 K9's....demonstrations and community outreach is very popular with the "dawgs"....
Old 06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Nice to meet ya, Gary. Pretty good flick, Silverado was a good 'un too.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Nice to meet ya, Gary. Pretty good flick, Silverado was a good 'un too.
Yep. Got that. In fact, I have over 500 DVD's....just about every Clint Eastwood movie he ever did.....I have 5 Johnny Weismueller Tarzan movies.....my grandkids love em....SHANE with Alan Ladd, Van Heflin and Jean Arthur is my all time favorite Western....that and One Eyed Jacks with Marlon Brando and Karl Malden.....